Scania topline seat belt rip off - â£530

I have an -8 topline with a frayed seatbelt that needs replacing , it has luxury leather seats and scania want £530 for a new one !!! Surely they are taking the ■■■■

Anybody else had this insult

Last time i buy a scania

Yes Rob, I had to replace one recently. Like you, I did not see that coming. Someone in workshop mentioned that it is more likely to fray when seat belt is not used! Uh??

It is an MOT failure if found, so has to be replaced. Hope its a small consolation knowing you are not the only one!

Janos

Can’t you swap it for the passenger one ? They dont always check that side .

If its just the side of the belt that’s frayed you can burn it off with a ■■■ lighter

Sadly its beyond repair and im going to have to bend over ready for the bill :frowning:

Try ebay or breakers?

That’s steep. There’s firms that will make them bespoke for less than that and you can lose that awful red colour lol

I know a guy got yellow seat belts for his car, sent off a set of standard belts, got a set of shiny new yellow ones back.

I’ll speak to him and get the company name unless anyone else has any suggestions.

Unless you want to keep it all factory standard. But I’m sure there will be cheaper options.

Not having much luck with Scania lately eh Rob? I for one would not be wearing a belt for £530.

To be fair they’re all a bunch of thieving bleeders with the parts, Scania, Renault, MAN. Dunno about DAF, Volvo or Merc.

Who has the cheapest main dealer parts, could someone in the know rank each brand in order of thievery?

We’ve had it where drivers who leave the belt buckled in all the time (either across the seat or wrapped round the back) have had frayed belts changed…
… those that now want to drive without a seat belt use a spare buckle to put in the clip :wink:

Give Percy a ring at Snows Commercials near Bristol.A breakers yard.

Thanks for your suggestions everyone , im thinking i can have one made from gold by a bespoke seat belt maker cheaper than scania can supply a replacement

I must say that i cant complain about daf parts and i buy less of them !!

robdorling:
Thanks for your suggestions everyone , im thinking i can have one made from gold by a bespoke seat belt maker cheaper than scania can supply a replacement

I must say that i cant complain about daf parts and i buy less of them !!

Have to agree about Daf parts,couldn’t buy anything from my local Daf dealer until about 2 years ago but now they are cheaper than the independent parts suppliers,and will bend over backwards to keep your custom :exclamation:

There is no way in this world that I would be purchasing one at that price…I would be making a far cheaper one fit…

I would rather go through the windscreen. Robbing ■■■■■■■■■

try these, a friend of a friend used these for safety belts too his go karts. dont know what price he paid so they could be as bad as scania

seatbeltservices.co.uk/seat_belts.html

just go to any breakers yard you will find something to replace it with. or swop it for passenger side,and I think same rules apply for car and van m.o.t. that if a child seat is fitted then the belt that holds it in cannot be inspected and therefore is exempt.sounds dangerous but that’s the ruling. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Much better, and cheaper:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SABELT-FIA-6-POINT-HARNESS-race-rally-rallyX-sprint-hiil-climb-motorsport-/170990201325?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27cfcf69ed

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Ken.

Until you need to lean forward to check your blindspot!

Quinny:
Much better, and cheaper:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SABELT-FIA-6-POINT-HARNESS-race-rally-rallyX-sprint-hiil-climb-motorsport-/170990201325?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27cfcf69ed

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Ken.

Can you imagine trying to use that on multi drop :laughing: