Scania r620 fuel bull?

A mate of mine has had a scania r620 for about 4 weeks and he reckons it is returning 8.5mpg fully loaded over the summer sierras and 10.5 on the flat. he also reckons he gets 14mpg when he’s empty.
if that is true then why arn’t scania shouting it from the rooftops?

What do you lot reckon?

I drive an R580 an it returns an average of 8.5, its a manual, chances are his is an opticruise with the over-drive so he’s maybe not far away with his figures.

should have said. It’s a manual.

Just seems a bit far fetched, my daf 410 returns an average of 7.5mpg, and does 12mpg with an empty flatbed.

are those the figures from the computer? if so, then I wouldn’t be surprised, they tend to lie quite heavily

milodon:
are those the figures from the computer? if so, then I wouldn’t be surprised, they tend to lie quite heavily

They are from the computer.

Just spoken to a driver from Stevens of Wick,with a 57plate 620.Says his drinks fuel.Fully freighted he says it’s doing about 5.5mpg.His average this week is 7.4,doing a mix of max. weight,light loaded and empty running.

limeyphil:
A mate of mine has had a scania r620 for about 4 weeks and he reckons it is returning 8.5mpg fully loaded

:open_mouth: FFS don’t tell VOSA, or they be knockin on the door of a certain haulier from Forfar with more bad news :grimacing:
I would say it was bull as Scania computers always lie, when commercial motor tested a 620 round their usual test route, it was worse than the average by a long way. A lad I used to know ran a 580, and I always got the ‘‘never less than 10mpg’’ spiel :laughing: , until we ran the same route up to scotland back one week with the same load, We both filled up a Lymm, and again on the way down, it was no better than my Merc V8, and it was nowhere near 10mpg, I must have heard every excuse under the sun for its sudden thirstyness :unamused: :grimacing:

I will add that the figures i quoted above are from the computer, so probably not very accurate either…

limeyphil:

milodon:

They are from the computer.

The computer on my R Series 470 4x2 is on average 1 to 1.5 mpg out…if it says ive got an average of 11 ish mpg its only really getting 10…i always check it manually …i.e miles divided by gallons = mpg.

I had a 4 series 580 before this with opticruise and I used to get an average of 8.5 with that where as this one always runs between 9 and 10 mpg

Well i have a 620 and it does 8.7 and thats not the computer thats the truth by measure.
I had a 470 and the computer on that was 15% out but my 620 is about 3% out.
I would say the 620 is the same if not better than the 470.

The R620 is the best pulling and you cant beat the sound of the V8 motor on the road just a shame a kid designed the interior but its well speced so i love it!!!
So your mate is more than likely telling the truth

A blue V8 Tipper passed me on the A1 today, sounded lovely :unamused: