Scania R620 Adblue problem

Does anybody know anything about this ? The adblue gauge says it is empty but it’s full. I didn’t run it out or let it get very low. The wagon is down on power too. I’ve tried googling it but not had any joy. Just thought I’d try on here before I go to scania for a big bill. Thanks Sam.

At a guess faulty sender or blocked filter

youve got a ■■■■■■ level sensor there by the looks of it, if the truck thinks its empty it will not try to inject the adblue so the nox sensor will be picking up a higher nox (nitrus oxide) reading, putting it in limp mode. :wink:

Thanks lads.

I gotta ask , How low do you allow your Ad-blue to go before re-filling ■■

I was told by a Daf fitter about a year after A/B came into use that they had a load of problems with the flow due to A/B being topped up all the time and the best way was to wait till 1/4 or just below 1/2 tank left as the movement in the tank helps break up any build up of crystallisation causing filter blocking.

nick2008:

I was told by a Daf fitter about a year after A/B came into use that they had a load of problems with the flow due to A/B being topped up all the time and the best way was to wait till 1/4 or just below 1/2 tank left as the movement in the tank helps break up any build up of crystallisation causing filter blocking.

he is right in one sence but wrong in another. the reason on allowing the tank to occasionaly become low is it will slop about the ■■■■ that is collecting in the bottom of the tank & dilute it, allowing it to be passed through & out of the system. dont let it run out though as dry adblue pipes with only traces left will start to crystalis within 2hours.

truckers boy:

nick2008:

he is right in one sence but wrong in another. the reason on allowing the tank to occasionaly become low is it will slop about the [zb] that is collecting in the bottom of the tank & dilute it, allowing it to be passed through & out of the system. dont let it run out though as dry adblue pipes with only traces left will start to crystalis within 2hours.

that’s basicly what I said aint it :open_mouth:

i refered to ■■■■ in the tank (foreign objects ie dirt) not crystalisation :wink:

I usually fill it up when the light comes on to say there’s 20% left in the tank. I never let it get much lower than that.