scania r560

Can anyone tell me where you can connect a air line for cleaning inside the cab on the new scania R series

there is a conecter on the dash just under the handbrake i belive it might be behind a blanker last scannia i had was a 11 plate think you can put it under the seat too

Under the handbrake lever is a oblong blanking plate, take that off and you will find the air valve inside.

thanks for you help

when you buy the airgun make sure it has a screw thread fitting as the standard fitting does not work on the dash best bet is to buy a proper scania one costs a wee bit more but will give you no problems once fitted the air gun can be disconnected leaving the fitting in place

Where abouts can I fit one on a 61 plate cf space cab?

i think u can go under the seat on a cf

Not sure about the CF but I know the latest XFs have a connection in the metal base of the seat frame. They have done away with the removable plastic disc allowing access to the air feed for the seat. DAF sell an airline with the correct fitting and I think it’s only around a fiver more than the ones sold in truckstops.

Have a look around the base of your drivers seat and see if there is a connector of some sort or ask at your local dealer.

If not you will need to buy one with a T piece connector that breaks into the seat feed pipe. Try and get one with a short pipe from the T piece to a joiner that you then plug the main line and gun into because technically they are an MOT failure. That way you can disconnect the main line at test time. The main problem you might find will be getting access to the seat feed as the CF seat is mounted straight onto the cab floor IIRC. I’m sure somebody on here has worked out how it’s done though.

Cheers
NeilF

neilf:
Not sure about the CF but I know the latest XFs have a connection in the metal base of the seat frame. They have done away with the removable plastic disc allowing access to the air feed for the seat. DAF sell an airline with the correct fitting and I think it’s only around a fiver more than the ones sold in truckstops.

Have a look around the base of your drivers seat and see if there is a connector of some sort or ask at your local dealer.

If not you will need to buy one with a T piece connector that breaks into the seat feed pipe. Try and get one with a short pipe from the T piece to a joiner that you then plug the main line and gun into because technically they are an MOT failure. That way you can disconnect the main line at test time. The main problem you might find will be getting access to the seat feed as the CF seat is mounted straight onto the cab floor IIRC. I’m sure somebody on here has worked out how it’s done though.

Cheers
NeilF

can you please elaborate a bit more on the MoT failure part of the highlighted section?

shuttlespanker:
can you please elaborate a bit more on the MoT failure part of the highlighted section?

I have been told on more than one occasion that actually having the air gun connected would be an MOT failure due the fact that technically, if you were some kind of knob, you could discharge the air from the truck whilst it was in motion. Now I agree that you could do the same , if so minded, with an air horn or even by pumping the clutch pedal.

Now I’m no expert but every truck I’ve ever had go in for test has come back with the airline disconnected. Both the Scania type schraeder valve in the dash and the ones connected to the seat feed with a break connector.

I know that there appears to be a degree of personal opinion from mechanics when it comes to MOT time and different testers also taking a different approach. For example my current truck has just gone through its MOT with an aftermarket dash table fitted. Apparently it is ok if the truck is fitted with a downward facing blind spot mirror. Also a few years ago our blue LEDs in the Kelsa bars were disconnected for test but now they don’t bother.

What I’m trying to get at is that it is my experience and not necessarily written in law.

Cheers
Neilf

shuttlespanker:

neilf:

Cheers
NeilF

Not sure exactly the rules for MOTs, but I have got one fitted in my Premium and in the handbook it clearly states that it is forbidden to drive the vehicle with an accessory connected to the air adapter.:exclamation::-?