Scania r560 topline v8- mpg?

Harry Monk:
At the end of the day they all only do 56 mph. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless they have been tinkered with :smiley:

Well im only 22 and you would think its because im heavy footed but im not… As for journey times, they are quicker due to the fact the trucks a little quicker than the man i had before! And its a manual not an auto! My boss wanted an auto…

Chris let it bed in and use the time to learn how drive the truck

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

mucker85:
and how tight the nut on the end of the throttle is :wink:

This is so very true, there is no better incentive for getting good fuel consumption than having to pay for the stuff yourself! :wink:

Well its 2 year old now so Well and truly bedded in… I meant new as in new to me lol… Well you guys got any good tips for me? Maybe keep the boss off my back :laughing:

Yeah don’t crash.
And I get 8.1 out of my 500 as an average.

What weight you pullin?

It is all about the driver. Not the truck… I have got 10 V8 scania’s, 2 x R500, 2 x R560, 4 x R620, 2 x R730. This picture is from a R730. Over a 950km journey the DRIVER averaged 9.03mpg… That’s not bad in my opinion.

The R560’s are all on a similar fuel returns… Gentle drivers that nurse the truck up to top speed are the best ones.

Well ive got a lot to learn… My truck sots at 57/58 on cruise but that seems to slaughter the mpg… Am i better droppin a few mph off that and not using cruise?

Weechris90:
Well ive got a lot to learn… My truck sots at 57/58 on cruise but that seems to slaughter the mpg… Am i better droppin a few mph off that and not using cruise?

This truck sits on 91…

Our work is All Euro work, Long Distance, over mountains etc etc… The big V8’s just eat any hills they come to… The R-730’s don’t even drop a cog coming up Reigate at 44T…

Thats why my boss has just placed an order for 4 new R-620’s and 1 more R-730

WhiteWhiteWhite:
It is all about the driver. Not the truck… I have got 10 V8 scania’s, 2 x R500, 2 x R560, 4 x R620, 2 x R730. This picture is from a R730. Over a 950km journey the DRIVER averaged 9.03mpg… That’s not bad in my opinion.

The R560’s are all on a similar fuel returns… Gentle drivers that nurse the truck up to top speed are the best ones.

Yep I second this, in my 750 at 40 tonnes on motorway work I get between 9 and 9.5 mpg. I never feel the need to hammer it though and drive it with economy in mind all the time. I’d also like to add the time I save even in the UK is startling. Never slowing on hills soon adds up.

Weechris90:

Also twice a year when these trucks are serviced I get Scania to do a ““Top End Set Up”” Which resets all the Valve Clearances and tunes the engine. No parts just 2 hours labour. After this is done the difference it makes is amazing, I reccomend anyone who has a V8 Scania that hasn’t had this done to get it done. You will save what it costs on mpg very quickly and the truck Pulls/Accelerates/Sounds so much better when done. I know a Scania mechanic in Bristol that can do this while you wait.

Cheers, Pete White

WhiteWhiteWhite:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Weechris90:

This truck sits on 91…

Our work is All Euro work, Long Distance, over mountains etc etc… The big V8’s just eat any hills they come to… The R-730’s don’t even drop a cog coming up Reigate at 44T…

So do you own them, or your boss■■?

switchlogic:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Yep I second this, in my 750 at 40 tonnes on motorway work I get between 9 and 9.5 mpg. I never feel the need to hammer it though and drive it with economy in mind all the time. I’d also like to add the time I save even in the UK is startling. Never slowing on hills soon adds up.

Luke, I seen you on the A419 at Birdlip a month or so ago… Trucks looks amazing mate. A credit to you. (ps, do you flash coaches to get out of the way when going up the hills on the limiter… lol, my 730’s do. haha)

dew:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Weechris90:

This truck sits on 91…

So do you own them, or your boss■■?

Ray White - Dad & Boss - 62 Years Old
Pete White - Son & Transport Manager / Director for last 10 Years - 33 Years Old

WhiteWhiteWhite:

switchlogic:

WhiteWhiteWhite:

Luke, I seen you on the A419 at Birdlip a month or so ago… Trucks looks amazing mate. A credit to you. (ps, do you flash coaches to get out of the way when going up the hills on the limiter… lol, my 730’s do. haha)

Why tank you very much! I’ve not had that chance yet, hopefully soon! Got to try it up the M62 today full weight, dropped about 3kmh while it staying in top gear all the way. You’ll probably agree that surprisingly big power can pay, the fuel consumption is good and the time saved is fantastic. More companies in Ireland are starting to go for 560 and above simply because they are so good. This 750 is much better on fuel than my R440 ever was and that’s amazing! Between Holyhead and Dover I reckon I save half an hour over that as well.

I get 8.6 at 44 ton in my 560 it’s done 900000kms still pulls well I think a magnum will only do half that before its on the scrap pile

this will cheer you up then, my daf 85 460 pulling a 72 cyd ribbed bulker this week averaged 6.1 mpg on a trip that started in aberdeen to exceter then avonmouth to brighton then tilbury to penrith then middlesbourgh too aberdeen, 44t 90% of the time, on tuesday the screen told me i was only getting 5.4 due too the wind

in the latest trucking mag, they did a fleet test with a man tgx 440 vs a scania r440, and it also mentioned that the r560 v8 they have get’s better mpg than the 440 and they also commented that the r440 has very short leg’s compaired to the man…

I was in a garage filling my lorry up last week and heard what I thought was a cross between a dragster and aeroplane going by, I looked up and was a Scania v8 with upright exhausts, wot a sound, bugger the fuel :laughing: She was barking an awful lot more than a machine I have with a merc twin turbo v8, a very different sound.