scania r500

does any body know much about the scania r500? was looking at this or the 420,is it basically a euro 3 with adblue

its a different engine entirely, the r500 is a 16litre V8 whereas the 420 is a 12ish litre 6 cylinder. the r500 is adblue but i don’t think the 420 is

you can use water instead of adblue on the R500.

I presume you’re buying new? If so all new Scania V8’s require ad blue where as you have the option with the 6 cylinder engines of not using ad blue to meet emission regs although that probably won’t last for too many years more.

That’s quite a difference in engine power though, r500 v8 or a 420. Have you not thought about the R480?

the R500 will give excellent fuel returns, especially on european work. they pull really well on the hills, and cruise nicely on the flat. we have two with a straight six without adblue, but the fuel returns are much worse than the V8 R500. so the additional cost of the adblue if you choose to use it, is insignificant.

THE R5OO IS £5820 MORE THAN THE 440,IS IT MONEY WELL SPENT ON A SIX WHEELER DRAWBAR WHICH WILL BE KEPT FOR A WHILE?

THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BUT THEY ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THERE EGR VALVE

limeyphil:
the R500 will give excellent fuel returns, especially on european work. they pull really well on the hills, and cruise nicely on the flat. we have two with a straight six without adblue, .

Never heard of a straight 6 V8 :laughing:

ellies dad:
Never heard of a straight 6 V8

I’ve got a V8 Range Rover that often decides to run on anything from 3 to 7 cylinders at the most inconvenient time possible, does that count? :stuck_out_tongue:

ellies dad:

limeyphil:
the R500 will give excellent fuel returns, especially on european work. they pull really well on the hills, and cruise nicely on the flat. we have two with a straight six without adblue, .

Never heard of a straight 6 V8 :laughing:

i knew what i meant. :laughing: