Scania R440 vs Volvo FH13 460hp

If I had a choice then Volvo would get it, dont worry about the sloping windscreen…
The only downside with the Volvo is the blindspots caused by the mirrors.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Bud143:
So what you chosen then?

Looking at his signature I reckon he went for the Volvo

They run r380, r400 and r440’s at the place I’m working, pulling the same loads the manual r380 is a much nicer driver than the semi auto r440, strangely the 380 feels like it has more grunt, and much better economy than the 440.

Never driven the volvo sadly, but of its anything like the engine and auto box in the Renault Premium it’s awesome :slight_smile:

ive got a new scania and its ■■■ , spent more time at west penine than down the road( engine malfunction) fault :imp:
i had a 55 volvo for 2yrs before and im trying to get it back but doesnt look good at the mo :blush:

440’s are getting a bad rap at the moment,excessive oil consumption caused by faulty piston rings,scania dealers are not keen on doing a campaign to cure them,also,its egr so yes,no adblu but you’re recycling dirty used exhaust fumes back thru the engine :unamused: ,injectors are a problem too,mate of has had 2 go on a 60 plate,i would avoid and go for the volvo

eddie snax:
I’ve got a Friday truck though, as its had quite a few faults mainly to do with chaffing wires or air pipes, and a leaking roof hatch. :

Oh and I forgot to mention the new cooling fan, and now list gets longer, in the workshop this week faulty fuel preasure release valve. Oh the joy off a 60 plate R440 :unamused:

Scania built their reputation on the V8 (and some clever marketing). Without that engine they’re nothing special. I always forgave their shortcomings for their ability to get me where I was going faster than any other HGV.If i had a 6-pot version I reckon I’d hate it within a week.

In my experience if you’ve been driving a Scania all day, you know well you have. I found I could do the same journey in a Volvo and always felt much less fatigued aferwards. I’d stay well away from I-Shift, heard too many bad things about it.

Just a suggestion, have you thought much about a DAF? :smiley:

[quote=". I’d stay well away from I-Shift, heard too many bad things about it. :smiley:[/quote]
Eh ? It’s the best thing about a Volvo by a country mile.

turnip:
[quote=". I’d stay well away from I-Shift, heard too many bad things about it. :smiley:

Eh ? It’s the best thing about a Volvo by a country mile.
[/quote]
Okay.

Its also the best auto box out of the lot by a mile!

skids:
Its also the best auto box out of the lot by a mile!

If that’s the best, I dread to think what others are like.

What’s the big attraction with these auto-shifted 'boxes anyway? If you want to drive an automatic, drive a dustcart. :confused:

Happydaze:
What’s the big attraction with these auto-shifted 'boxes anyway? If you want to drive an automatic, drive a dustcart. :confused:

Okay !

After driving m.a.n ,volvo,renault daf and scania all with autos the best is the volvo box in the renault as the renault uses its own software and i find it selects better.

Bud143:
After driving m.a.n ,volvo,renault daf and scania all with autos the best is the volvo box in the renault as the renault uses its own software and i find it selects better.

You’re not the first to say that :wink:

Each to their own i suppose, but very little mention of the Daf 105…personally thats the one i would choose. I find the fuel consumption is good, but a bit slow on the autobox, but our mechanic said the Volvo wants some beating for the gearbox. The Man should be considered as well, and as mentioned…the renault with the volvo running gear…at least you`ll be able to overtake all the other renaults, with their french crap running gear.

RobTrucker:
Hi Guys,

I am currently driving a Daf XF 105 and I will getting my own truck within the next couple of weeks. I have the following options though, but unsure which one?

1st - Scania R440 6x2 '11 reg with 34,000km on it
It’s got Opticruise, fridge freezer, highline cab etc.

2nd - Volvo FH13 460 GXL '60 reg with 106,000km on it
Again high cab, all mod cons (+leather seats)

What’s best on fuel, comfort and to drive? I am leaning towards R440.

Cheers,
Luke

got a 440 highline at the moment and more than happy with it,id have one again no problem,

truckyboy:
Each to their own i suppose, but very little mention of the Daf 105…

That could be because he has a choice of a Volvo and a Scania not a DAF…

switchlogic:

truckyboy:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

switchlogic:

truckyboy:

He did mention the DAF 105 truckyboy, its the truck he’s about to bale out of :grimacing:

RobTrucker:
Hi Guys,

I am currently driving a Daf XF 105 and I will getting my own truck within the next couple of weeks.

Scania vs Volvo…

Volvo anyday of the week… Scania, uncomfortable pile of junk. I should now I drove a V8 Topline for 4 year’s, was so happy when the boss replaced It with a 460 Globetrotter…