Scania R440 gears/clutch

Booked my truck off today. Came up with engine malfunction warning and the gears seemed really jumpy all of a sudden, grinding between changes etc, so I got asked to call in a bit later to see what the score is tomorrow.

So called in and the truck is fixed within the hour. Now I thought it was something clutch/flywheel but obviously it wasn’t so does anyone know what else it could’ve been on the grounds it was sorted quick enough?

It may have been a software glitch since most thing are run by a computer.

There’s some electronic unit bolted to the box, don’t ask me what it is or does.

My three pedal jobbie of the time broke down, but fortunately whilst i was on holiday, the only breakdown in the three years i had it :laughing: , the call out fitter had one of these units with him so obviously a regular item and that failure was in really hot temperatures too come to think of it, fixed by the roadside in short order apparently.

Juddian:
There’s some electronic unit bolted to the box, don’t ask me what it is or does.

My three pedal jobbie of the time broke down, but fortunately whilst i was on holiday, the only breakdown in the three years i had it :laughing: , the call out fitter had one of these units with him so obviously a regular item and that failure was in really hot temperatures too come to think of it, fixed by the roadside in short order apparently.

If it’s a bit like the size of a ■■■ packet, I think it’s the control module for the splitter… basically I think it modulates how much air goes into the box at what point, to split the gears etc…

el_presidente:

Juddian:

If it’s a bit like the size of a ■■■ packet, I think it’s the control module for the splitter… basically I think it modulates how much air goes into the box at what point, to split the gears etc…

■■■ packet thingy rings a bell when i spoke to the driver who had the issue, mechanic said summat about them melting the internals.