Scania R420/440 6 wheel units : Weight Sensor?

On an older 4 series unit the mid lift had a weight sensor, not sure if that was std or not, do the 09 onwards have this as std, anyone know ■■

Tia

Yep, but see you friendly local fitter to get a fiddle valve fitted, works wonders in the snow :slight_smile:

Absolutely, screwed otherwise eh, you absoultely certain all units have this as std btw, bear in mind I’m talking about a large uk opperator who might unspec such things to save a quid ■■ :arrow_right: :smiling_imp:

Phantom Mark:
Absolutely, screwed otherwise eh, you absoultely certain all units have this as std btw, bear in mind I’m talking about a large uk opperator who might unspec such things to save a quid ■■ :arrow_right: :smiling_imp:

Some even have on-board axle weighers, so if you go into the scania menu on the dash, you can see how much weight in on each axle :wink:

Right thanks lads, got pulled up by the shunter on the way into the yard the other morning asking why I never had the mid lift down, told him I was light and that it was automatic anyway, he gave me that look which says “■■■■■■■■” so I thought I would just double check. :smiling_imp:

Shunters are idiots anyway, terberg is a 4x2 & the whole world evolves around them so they think. On every latter 6x2 I’ve driven the lift axle drops automatically if the drive axle has too much weight on it, it should come as standard but some drivers don’t get it I suppose…

I have a 57 Scania with wait for this… Weight Sensor Fitted as standard but DASH disabled… You have to pay more for the Left option that has no icon in most scanias. However if you use the weight distribution switch which you have you can add up the 2 figures shown on the dash to see how much is over your axels. Thats my trick on seeing what i have.

These are bottom spec trucks afaik, Stobarts units. I have yet to pull something heavy enough to really decide if it truly fitted with that sensor or not, I would however be very surprised if that cheap sensor was not fitted, ya never know tho eh !!