Scania r400 bonnet catch

Hey guys got days work on agency in scania r400 can I Eck find the bonnet catch anyone help would be great :slight_smile:

it`s on the front door pillar…near the hinges

Ahh there u are lol thanks , first time in a scania lol I need top this thing up with water , does the lower grill open as well I seem some guys on laybys cooking there dinner on it

Stoketrucker:
Ahh there u are lol thanks , first time in a scania lol I need top this thing up with water , does the lower grill open as well I seem some guys on laybys cooking there dinner on it

Lower grille opens, depending on the model either just pull it firmly or there’s a little handle that turns and comes off then pull the grille down

Thanks for your help guys, the bottom part looked fixed by looks

Probably just stiff (oo-err) in the centre should be a recess at the top of it that you can get hold of to pull it down.

Your right the grill does come down lol very stiff looks rather sterdy what’s it for ■■

It’s a step so you can climb up and clean your windscreen and unblock the jets on the washers. Especially handy if you have a construction chassis. My cab is a helluva climb up to the drivers seat, compared with our R480 unit which is distribution spec it’s surprising the difference.

You can also sit on the step in the sunshine.