Scania R series stereos

I’ve bought myself a new clarion DAB stereo to fit in my Scania.
Upon taking the old stereo out I’ve found there’s 3 plugs,
1- power wires
2- speaker wires
3- Bluetooth wiring.
On the new clarion stereo which I bought from a Scania dealership only has 2 plugs,none for the Bluetooth connections which I want to keep as it works all through the dashboard and my microphone in the seat.
I bought the correct wiring from Scania to work the stereo controls off the steering wheel but there is still no where to connect the phone control plug into.
Considering I bought this from a Scania dealer and it’s in there approved catalogue I feel cheated out of nearly £350!
Has anybody any ideas how I can wire the stereo up so I can still work my phone off the steering wheel and dashboard display please?

I see you have posted this in stereo also, as I have :smiley:

I have Robroy and I haven’t s clue how I did it,much like the stereo!

Jase, same thing happened to me when I upgraded radio. You lose steering wheel controls unless you buy the exact same radio that was originally in it. At the time, I recall somebody telling me there is a wiring kit that allows you to get the original features back, but there was an issue with availability. Searched the net, but gave it up as there was not enough information. Thinking it may not be a genuine Scania part. Not much help, but at least you know you are not the only one! I know how annoyed you must be. It was a while ago this happened to me, and I think the original replacement radio is ridiculously expensive, so was cheaper to buy another model radio, but still a Clarion, who supplied the standard one.

Cheers Janos,
I’ve managed to get hold of the correct wiring for a steering wheel with phone controls but it doesn’t work the phone,just all the radio controls grr!!
I’m not prepared to lose the phone controls as its a lot safer having them on the steering wheel and the numbers in the dashboard display so I messaged Scania on Facebook to see what they can do,they’ve passed it on to their technical department but if they say it doesn’t work then I’m trying for a full refund as it says in the brochure I’ve got that you don’t lose your steering wheel controls with the clarion,only with the pioneer.
I’ve only upgraded to DAB because of Chris moyles coming back on the radio in September but only on DAB!! Lol

I’ve only upgraded to DAB because of Chris moyles coming back on the radio in September but only on DAB!

Is he? Where??

Yes,supposed to be starting on XFM I think it was doing their breakfast show.

jase:
Yes,supposed to be starting on XFM I think it was doing their breakfast show.

Which is only available in London? Even on DAB…■■■ :confused:

I could listen to him for about an hour then as I drive past cockneyville!
I like to listen to BFBS as well,got a DAB fitted in my car and the difference is amazing.
I also read that XFM were going to go countrywide on DAB,not sure how true it is.

Just had an email from Scania over this and true to form they’ve said “bring it into our dealer to have it looked at,”
Yeah right,I get hit by a massive labour charge as they say,“your right drive,there’s 3 plugs on the back of the original radio but only 2 on your new one so it won’t work!”

scania.se/Images/Scania_Radio_Pr … 349220.pdf
go to page 75
You want to get it to send stuff to the center display also? I seriously doubt that will work. You would have to get the clarion stereo to understand Scanias canbus on pin B9 and B10 and I don’t think clarion is even prepared for that

As for the microphone.
Is it the D1-D12 connector you can’t connect? Just have a look at the Clarion pin out and make your own adapter. D1 and D2 is the wires you need to get that working.

Instead of trying to get this to work I would reinstall the Scania radio and use AUX to connect up something like this instead
halfords.com/technology/car- … io-adaptor

Sounds very technical for me Icee,all I want is the stereo to work the same as the original Bosch one fitted in my truck does now.
It’s not going to work as it is so I’m going to leave it as I think Scanias Bluetooth/phone system with the microphone in the seat is one of the best around as you don’t really have to take your eyes off the road and I don’t want to lose that.
Just feel a bit ripped off that Scania sell it as a “plug and play” system yet it doesn’t fit in an R series with Bluetooth installed and it doesn’t say that in their literature,only with a pioneer system do you lose all steering wheel controls.
May look at that Halfords one,looks quite good,just don’t like trailing wires.

The Halfords was just the first English site I found. There are a few adapters around, this would be one that could be installed quite neatly to the dashboard

kala.se/visa-produkt/Tiny-Au … 0-227.aspx
or
kala.se/visa-produkt/Tiny-Au … r-226.aspx

something like this?, just run the wires behind the dashboard to the aux in and take power from the same cables that go to the stereo so it starts at the same time.

I may just do that,thank you Icee you’ve been very helpful.
Would certainly look better with the wires behind the dashboard.
I’ll take a look around and thanks again.