Scania R Series steering defects

Hello,
Can anyone help with this problem, I have a 2008 (08) R series 420 Topline, has anyone else come across the problem of the steering column coming free whilst driving? I was on M1 near sheffield last week when the steering column just fell into my lap! It scared the proverbial out of me and certainly got my attention, I had to hold the wheel whilst re-locking the wheel with the button when I mentioned this to Scania at my 6 week they just said not to worry it happens now and again but if it happens again we’ll swap the locking mechanism!! Has this happened to anyone else? I believe there was a recall for this in 2009 but my truck never had it done! :unamused:

they just said not to worry it happens now and again but if it happens again we’ll swap the locking mechanism!!
if it was me i wouldnt of moved it till they had replaced it what hapens when it goes again on a twisty road :frowning:

No way should you stand for that, you got away with it that time, like above could be a differend story next time.

This was caused by a loose steering column!

Another view of same truck! The driver survived with major injuries

Nasty! Maybe go back to scania armed with them pictures? Is it your own truck?

bigglesdaf:

■■■■■■■■!! Hope he Sued Stobart and Scania!!

I believe a legal case is pending but I bet it would be complicated!!

bigglesdaf:

:open_mouth: