Scania R series: Power for CB

Looks like I’m going to be getting an R series topline in a week so just wondering if there is any means of getting power for a CB in the space up where the digi tacho is.

Not bothered if it’s 12 or 24 volt but ideally don’t want to splice into any wiring.

Ideally i’m kind of hoping there is an unused feed like on the 4series.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers
Neilf

iv got a 57 reg R series highline and it has a 12v line next to the tacho mines in there theres a bunch of plugs behind one of the blanks to the left of the tacho i cant remember the colour of the 12v one but il have a look for you and our 05 reg day cabs are the same other than that theres a 12v hella style plug on the dash near the glove box

R cab scania? Topline? Only one word for you… ■■■■■ haha!

marcy

Any info you can give me would be great. Thanks.

tashllad666

If your refering to that abortion of a bottom bed i’m then I totally agree. Luckily for me I only do a few nights out a year at the moment so won’t be a great problem.
Other than that the only real problem with it I can find is it’s 18" taller than my present truck which can be a pain when most of our work is around the rail network and I know a good few bridges I can no longer get under without leaving the beacons and spotlights behind.

Cheers
neilf

Not had a scania in a while but my last was a R series on a 56 plate.

There is a 12 volt feed behind the radio blank next to the tacho just like the 4 series.

Green and black wires going into a plug,cut the plug if u need too(one wire at a time)green is live and black is neutral.

Davemiracleman

Thanks for that info. If I remember rightly thats the same colours as the feed on the 4 series.

I’l have a look 2moro when I get a minute because the trucks in the yard awaiting a fettle before it goes on the road.

Cheers
Neilf

I had to use 24v cb 12v had to much noise on it.

yellow plug behind the left tray next to digi tacho i cut the wires off as you can see green live black earth

the small speaker infront of the windscren in the centre is pre wired for your cb.you will find the plug for it next to the tacho

marcy

Thanks for the photo. That makes it easy to identify.

davev8500

I hadn’t got as far as thinking about an extension speaker but knowing there is one in there makes life a little easier. The trucks are on contract hire and we’ve already been warned about holes and stuff.

I’ve just got to decide if it’s worth bothering now because CB is dead down in the south.

Cheers
Neilf