Scania R Series 07 Radio Aux

Hi Guys,
anyone know what I need (or can I get anything) to connect aux equipment like an iPhone or laptop to run through the radio in a 07 R series Scania. I have been searching the forums but I cant seem to find a definite answer. I presume I need an aux lead to fit to the back of the radio but which one, where to get it and what plug it connects to.

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Scania sell an adaptor that plugs into the back of the head unit and fits into a blank switch on the dash. Look on their website under accessories if I remember correctly.

is the socket on the actuall radio if so my mate used to put a jack plug wire ( i think its called that ) and just put one end in lappy the other in radio select aux and boom surround sound watched a few good films with him and it sounds great :sunglasses:

Here’s a picture of the adapter I was on about. Copied it from Scania’s website.

uploadfromtaptalk1353613260026.jpg

Thanks for that lads,
@ cliffton, there is a connection point on the new R scania but not on the older (07) that I have.

I have a friend in a scania store room so I’ll ask him about the plug for the back.

Cheers
J

You can get leads on eblag, I made a copy of Scanias own lead for less than a tenner.
ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat … ble&_frs=1

does anyone know if theres anything like this for the volvo? i have tried the radio tuner things that plug in to lap top and you tune it to the radio but the sound quility is never any good

Here is how i gave a aux function to a daf, 2 minutes easy peasy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68083&hilit=Blaupunkt

Well I bought the scania plug that damoq mentioned above. €34 in local dealer in Ireland
Fitted it in 2 mins, great I thought.
I could not find the AUX on the radio. Searched the net for answers and found it on a Dutch site.

Press and hold the “Menu” button on the radio for at least 5 sec’s,
You will then enter and additional menu, use the < > arrows to navigate to the Aux settings, Its set to NO as default so switch it to ON and away ya go.

Sound is good but sometimes the wipers affect it a little.

Its Audio Books and Mp3’s all the way now.

Thanks for the help.

Glad to be of some assistance.:slight_smile:

I made a cable like the Scania one except it has the jack on the lead. However when I plugged my S3 in it cooked my head phone socket on the phone. When I plugged the Ipod in I saw a faint smoke coming out. It did however play through the Aux setting.
So does anyone know if Scania put resistors in the line? Or any idea on why it is cooking my phone and Ipod?
There is no short in the cable. It has four wires. Two earth and a left and right channel.
The radio is a Scania MP 88 medium.
Thanks

Are you sure the leads wired up right, sounds like it’s putting 12v into your phone.
Scroll down to page 37 on this for connections,
scania.com/Images/Scania_Rad … 220870.pdf

Yeah, I would think you’ve got the feed to power and external CD changer, or something, going in there.

Hi. Yeah it would seem that although that picture of the adapter is from Scania, it is not necessarily the correct one. So it would seem that the pin 16 was pushing 12v through the socket. :cry: