Scania Purfleet

Hi folks, am new on here and just wondering if anyone had trained with Scania (Purfleet) or just Scania in general. Got my assessment with them on Friday which hopefully will be followed by the training (Class 2) on the last week of February.

So, just wanted to know if anyone has been with them, howz the experience like? :blush:

Is this as a training school to get your licence or a Scania run driver improvement course to get the best out of one of their trucks?

Can’t access their website at the moment so can’t check myself.

Hi M1cks, it is for a training to get my class 2 licence.

Have done my theories already and have booked an assessment for this coming Friday with them because by far as it looks, they are the only closest to me thus really need to know of any good or bad experience if anyone has ever experienced.

Or at least any suggestion of any reputable training school in essex?

Hi. I believe the best advice is to go for your assessment with Scania and get a written quote. Then go to John, Flair Training at Chelmsford. I’ll be surprised if John doesn’t give you a much better deal. So you wont get to drive a Scania (grossly over-rated IMO) but you’ll get proper tuition from a guy who cares about the outcome.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

PS. We do residential if you don’t like either of those!

Hi OP. I did both Class 2 and Class 1 with Scania at Purfleet and I have to say it was worth every penny.

The instructors are patient and understanding and will structure your training to suit your ability. The assessment drive is when you’ll find out how many days training they’ll think you need - 5 day course advertised but they’ll shorten it if they think you’ll do it in less.

My C vehicle was a 13 reg G230 and the CE was in a 62 reg R440 - no old rigs here! - and both were fitted with the 3 pedal version of OptiCruise which means not having to worry about changing gear but the presence of a clutch means a manual pass.

Go with Flair Training there pass rate says it all

I’m with scania worksop and wouldn’t change it. Passed class 2 1st time and I have my class 1 test tomorrow, yes you pay a bit more but the service I got is 2nd to none. Well worth the money in my eyes.

presence of a clutch means a manual pass.

Clutch no longer needed to get a manual pass. Provided you already hold a manual car licence, passing on an auto truck will give a full, manual truck licence. Rules changed May last year.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanx all for all your replies. I will wait till Friday then probs try free assessment with Flair and take it from then :slight_smile:

Peter Smythe:

presence of a clutch means a manual pass.

Clutch no longer needed to get a manual pass. Provided you already hold a manual car licence, passing on an auto truck will give a full, manual truck licence. Rules changed May last year.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Did my CE in the April :laughing: still needed a clutch at that point!

. Double post my mistake

I am all set to strat my training next week with them (Scania - purfleet) in a manual which I always thought of. Will surely let you all know how it all went…

The worst that can happen is a retest which am also prepared for , but will wait and till the day the examiner decides :laughing:

Mwanyoko:
I am all set to strat my training next week with them (Scania - purfleet) in a manual which I always thought of. Will surely let you all know how it all went…

The worst that can happen is a retest which am also prepared for , but will wait and till the day the examiner decides :laughing:

They’re using manuals now?

Greeny3:

Mwanyoko:

Myself always thought of doing it in a manual and that is what I asked for straight away but I believe they also have autos (for customer preferences) as they have mentioned it but I just wasnt interested in an auto

Mwanyoko:

Greeny3:

Mwanyoko:

Myself always thought of doing it in a manual and that is what I asked for straight away but I believe they also have autos (for customer preferences) as they have mentioned it but I just wasnt interested in an auto

Right. Wasn’t aware they had manuals there - both my tests used 3 pedal OptiCruise