Scania p114 340hp help

dont know if this is in the right section or not…

the truck itself is x reg so assume its a 200 year. its fitted with the scania dc11 engine with the PDE fuel system.

the driver ran the wagon low on fuel, filled her up and replaced the filter,bled the system and she wouldnt start, she was turning over and over but just would not fire! orderd new lift pump from scania inverness and that arrived a couple of days later. New lift pump on and she fired straight away so that was it back out on hire again. she only lasted a week before another boy ran her dry again! done the same as before and still wouldnt fire, even went to the extent of another new lift pump but still nothing.

after alot of head scrathing on my behalf and on sanias behalf we just dont know what to do. due to location i cant get it to a dealer.

so far its had the filters changed, 2 new lift pumps and a new pressure relife valve on the return line and nothing. all the engine seems to do is crank over and not start.

we have gone through all fuses and relays, checked the stack pipe in the tank and checked fuel lines for leaks but nothing. now we are drawing a blank on what to do next. there are no fault codes has had computer on and no edc codes…

could anybody shed some light? how does this PDE fuel system work

would be much appricated!

seen this problem before in a cat engine foden after a split fuel filter/thus lack of fuel
lap top pluged in shows no faults…engine bled up and cranking/turning over fast,(with jumper cables)…not fireing
after head scratching
had a bit of advice off a cat / ■■■■■■■ fitter…“blow air tanks up and give er a tow mate its got voltage drop at the injectors there not opening”
after 2/3 hrs shaggin about it struck up in less than 25/30 feet!!
if i had’nt seen it well…get the picture!!!
best of luck

thanks very much moose. will give her a bash tomorro, will post up on how i get in

worth a try, as i said it was cranking like a good un but that was all, (no b/s at all)

no luck with this am afraid. injectors are sent away to get reconned

Have you sorted the problem? if not… Try removing the pick up pipe from the diesel tank and see if the gauze on the end of the pick up pipe is blocked. we had this happen on an EddieStobart Ford Cargo 1728 back in 1990 when I worked at a Seddon Atkinson dealer.

nope not yet, shes getting the fuel up but just wont run, just had the pde injectors back from being inspected and there fine.
block of the return to tank and she will fire but only runs flat out. think we will be getting scania invernessw to come across on the boat and have a look.

sounds like not building fuel pressure due to returning to tank to soon can you see if the fuel is returning to the tank . i have seen simlar thing on merc sprinter and that came down to a o ring on the pressure regular split and fuel pressure not be built up

yup it returns to tank.
so far we have had 3 new lift pumps, injectors inspected and tested,pressure valve replaced… running out of ideas now…

a common fault we used to find is when the fuel filter was changed somes time’s you used to get a peice of plastic (from the filter wrapper) find it’s way into one of the relife valves.
used to cause a right head ache when the first came out :imp:

EDIT= if i’m not mistaken on the end of the fuel rail (along the heads) there is a pressure relife valve check that :slight_smile:

TheFan46:
a common fault we used to find is when the fuel filter was changed somes time’s you used to get a peice of plastic (from the filter wrapper) find it’s way into one of the relife valves.

EDIT= if i’m not mistaken on the end of the fuel rail (along the heads) there is a pressure relife valve check that :slight_smile:

thats valve has also been replaced lol
going to fit a pressure gauge in the morning and see what fuel pressure there is

wee_gus:

TheFan46:

thats valve has also been replaced lol
going to fit a pressure gauge in the morning and see what fuel pressure there is

i dont want to sound like a ■■■ but have you put the pipes the right way round on the lift pump when fitting the other new one?
i can’t remember if you can get them wrong :blush:

If you take the return pipe to tank off at the tank end then prime the system how much pressure is there?

If everything is ok, as in, component wise, injectors etc then the fuel has to be going somewhere.

Ive done a few where the feed line has been mixed up or a valve or filter head cracked.

apparantly all 6 injectors were goosed. New ones should be here tommoro. will let yous know how i get on

problem sorted, 6 new injectors fitted. Runs like a dream now. old ones were goosed due to contaminated fuel…