Scania night-heaters

I can’t figure out the Scania night-heaters. It’s the type that you can take out of the wall when you want to play with it.

I’m used to the old stylee webasto ones with a switch and a thermostat control that you switch on to warm the cab, then turn the dial down low, so it clicks on when the temporature gets low. That way when you go to bed it keeps the cab warm all night and you don’t wake up with chattering teeth at 3 in the morning. Easy.

So far I’ve worked out that if you hold down one of the buttons it is on all the time, but how do you adjust the temperature. Does it even have a thermostatic control? Oh I don’t know. :confused:

RTFM :laughing: :laughing:

If the book’s not in the wagon, try asking your local dealer if he’s got a copy.

I love reading the books because it always seems that the guys with loads of experience (OJT) don’t know about some useful features/information because they’ve not come across it before :confused: :wink:

Jules

Hi Lost Pup, if I remember correctly you press & hold the < button with the top middle button & a number appears which you then use the < > buttons to alter the temp. Did you also know it as a built in alarm clock which turns the radio & bleeper on to wake you up Vol 20 is about right for me I’m a deep sleeper!!. If you dont get any joy with this I will try and reprint the instruction when I go back on Saturday.

Lostpup

I work for Scania so I might be able to help here,

If you push and hold the top left button(three wavey lines) It turns the heater on,

If you push and hold the bottom left button and the top middle button, this is now in the temperature select mode, use the left or right arrows to adjust the temperature.

To return to the main screen push and hold the middle top button,

When the heater is working it should flash the time then HEAT then the time then HEAT,

This is the basics it does have a thermosatic control built in to the control you can see the probe just below the screen, this monitors cab temp and adjusts the heater according to the cab temp

You should be able to get the night heater instructions photocopied by your local dealer, If not I could post you a photocopy if you want.

Also the display shows any faults in the system, Common ones are E-Bat which means the battery in the back of the control is getting low, (square 9volt type) or E44 which usually means that the pipe is crushed under the drivers side of the bunk.

Hope this helps.

if pull the module off the holder there are some instruction on the back

alix776:
if pull the module off the holder there are some instruction on the back

ah… DOH!

Thanks guys. Warm nights here we come! :wink: :slight_smile:

Discopete:
Lostpup

I work for Scania so I might be able to help here,

In that case, you couldn’t smuggle me a new Longline out of the factory could ya?
:wink:

Also if you have to hand your ignition keys in while you are on a bay and are left without a radio, push and hold in the two buttons on the right of the night heater control (one above the other) for about 5 seconds and then the radio will come back on.
It will stay on for about 30 minutes and then switch itself off again.
Just keep doing it until you get your keys back.

Bren:
Also if you have to hand your ignition keys in while you are on a bay and are left without a radio, push and hold in the two buttons on the right of the night heater control (one above the other) for about 5 seconds and then the radio will come back on.
It will stay on for about 30 minutes and then switch itself off again.
Just keep doing it until you get your keys back.

Or just give them your house keys/own car keys/any key but the truck ignition key :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or have the radio not wired to the ignition

Sorry Steveo999

I only fix them

I’ll only get to see a longline WHEN , Sorry IF It breaks down

Cheers

Pete

Discopete:
I’ll only get to see a longline WHEN , Sorry IF It breaks down

No you were right the first time - WHEN :laughing: