SCANIA LB Info LFD 552L, POT 992M, MUC 599L

Any info on how these trucks are progressing !

I have the following Scania,s & wonder if anybody has any info on them.
SCANIA LB 80 SUPER, day cab tractor unit reg POT 992M.
Was originallly owned by a haulage contractor calleed BFC from I think Southampton. They had a nick name BARNIES FLYING CIRCUS. It was then traded in to Volvos & Water Bros bought it & it ended up with a timber crane fitted behind the cab according to Phil Waters. It then went to someone in Shropshire & worked in a sawmill for a while then it was sold to M & S Gill who removed the crane & fitted a different crane at the rear of it & a flat body between the crane & the cab, it was then sold to Ashley Pearce who then sold it to myself who has turned it back to a tractor unit & resprayed the chassis I will hopefully paint the cab in my own colours this year.

SCANIA LB 110 SUPER day cab tractor unit reg LFD 552L
Was registered in Dudley & then ended up with Trailways (I think they are a bus firm) & fitted with a recovery body & used by them for years. It has had 5 previes owners so I am not sure who has all owned it. I have a new daycab of a W H Malcolm 111 ready to be fitted to it, but I bought the 80 and have been sidetract with that & restoring a flat trailer for 80. So hopefully will get back to LFD 552L soon.

SCANIA LB 110 SUPER sleeper cab tractor unit reg MUC 599L
I have just got this recently for spares (maily the bumper & dash parts) it was at Ashley Pearces for years but didn,t belong to him but as he was moving to smaller premises he said it had to go, so I ended up buying it from the owner & will use the bumper but I will not break it up as there are not many of theses left. I have a big collection of SCANIA photos (over 100,000 scania,vovo & scottish) & noticed MUC 597L was a 110 sleeper belonging to JT which I think was a subby to Astran.

SCANIA LB110 SUPER daycab tractor unit,s reg,s ENP 488J & ENP 489J
My father owned these & were bought from Malcolm Harrison, they were owned by GKN (had GKN Carrington Bros on the doors) I have noticed a few photos of GKN Scania 110,s on this site. Any info or photos would be grate.

If anyone has any info or photos of these lorries or the Companies I would be very gratefull.
Sandy Snowie Email alexander@mawandus.wanadoo.co.uk

BHS926X002.jpg

as you are new to the site i think its only fair that i put you in the picture regarding picture’s .

its not allowed for newbies to come on here telling stories about how they own 3 scanias ( thats just greedy that is )and not put piccys up… its not big and its not clever .
so get on with it man and post some , you know you want too … :smiley: :wink:

Sandy Snowie:
I have the following Scania,s & wonder if anybody has any info on them.
SCANIA LB 80 SUPER, day cab tractor unit reg POT 992M.
Was originallly owned by a haulage contractor calleed BFC from I think Southampton. They had a nick name BARNIES FLYING CIRCUS. It was then traded in to Volvos & Water Bros bought it & it ended up with a timber crane fitted behind the cab according to Phil Waters. It then went to someone in Shropshire & worked in a sawmill for a while then it was sold to M & S Gill who removed the crane & fitted a different crane at the rear of it & a flat body between the crane & the cab, it was then sold to Ashley Pearce who then sold it to myself who has turned it back to a tractor unit & resprayed the chassis 7 will hopefully paint the cab in my own colours this year.

SCANIA LB 110 SUPER day cab tractor unit reg LFD 552L
Was registered in Dudley & then ended up with Trailways (I think they are a bus firm) & fitted with a recovery body & used by them for years. It has had 5 previes owners so I am not sure who has all owned it. I have a new daycab of a W H Malcolm 111 ready to be fitted to it, but I bought the 80 and have been sidetracted with that & restoring a flat trailer for 80. So hopefully will get back to LFD 552L soon.

SCANIA LB 110 SUPER sleeper cab tractor unit reg MUC 599L
I have just got this recently for spares (maily the bumper & dash parts) it was at Ashley Pearces for years but didn,t belong to him but as he was moving to smaller premises he said it had to go, so I ended up buying it from the owner & will use the bumper but I will not break it up as there are not many of theses left. I have a big collection of SCANIA photos (over 100,000 scania,vovo & scottish) & noticed MUC 587L was a 110 sleeper belonging to JT which I think was a subby to Astran.

If anyone has any info or photos of these lorries or the Companies I would be very gratefull.
Sandy Snowie Email alexander@mawandus.wanadoo.co.uk

Go onto Long departed Southampton hauliers you may find some info on theat thread, if not contact ainacs he should be able to help you, certainly with the BFC one.

I have now uploaded a few photos of LFD 552L & POT 992M
Finally worked out how to upload photos.

Sandy Snowie:
Ihave now uploaded a few photos of LFD 552L & POT 992M

Where?

Ken.

Muc we had one of those years ago on Intercounty Farmers headlight in bumbers
Bfc was something to do with the bloke at pentalvers I think had F88s
If i speak to my old boss I will ask him he will know probley know about your Scannys to as he restored a few good ones

I had a MUC273L a day cab 5 speed Scania 110 ex Molo’s Southampton

Also I think BFC was known as Barry’s Flying Circus as Barry Jellis was the boss.

Thanks for all the imformation so far, I am new to this & not sure how it all works. I am very grateful to erveryone who has supplied info, I would like to post pics with this post but not sure how. I suspect LFD 552L belonged to Churchill Transport when new.
Sandy.