Scania In Cab Air supply

Can anyone tell me if the air supply on the dash is actually threaded or just for a foot pump type valve. I’ve got an ait line with a screw coupling that is too big, I’d need a reducer to make it work.

So the question is, can I do it? and what size thread is it?

Cheers

is the fitting the same size as an air tank receiver

Foot pump type valve.

Bugger, it looks like I’ve spazzed up then.

If anyone knows if there is a reducing gadget reducer thing about from 1/4"…

Its a Schrader valve

Like this one.

Yep, bog standard Schrader valve, you should have no trouble coming up with a fitting. A standard valve extension will just screw on, plenty kicking around.

By the way, Scania 4 series facelift, late '06 model, a mate of mine has one with no ciggy lighter, just two elec sockets - one 12v one 24v. I just want to know if these are standard fitting on new Scanias, or is this a one-off? I may need to come up with an adaptor.

I’ve got it sorted now thanks to the sacrfice of an old foot pump, I just need the valve extension as it’s a bit tricky.

As for the sockets on the Scanny they are Hella’s some of the cig plugs have a red collar that can be removed and this converts them to Hella fit.

If you want Hella plugs, PM Davey Driver he had some left a while ago and they are really well made.

invincible guy:
By the way, Scania 4 series facelift, late '06 model, a mate of mine has one with no ciggy lighter, just two elec sockets - one 12v one 24v. I just want to know if these are standard fitting on new Scanias, or is this a one-off? I may need to come up with an adaptor.

Yep, bog standard fit on the 4 series Scania, two Hella sockets.

the 2 hella sockets have been standard since the 4 series but they always came with a cigar lighter socket too.
maybe they are not fitting cigar lighters and ashtrays anymore in apprehension of the forthcoming smoking ban?

our 56 plate scania as got a can of pop holder were the ciggie lighter used to be, left of steering wheel and down. but the hire motors we had had the ashtray with ciggie lighter.

so i suppose its what the boss specs as or as jonny says its all to do with the smoking ban when it comes into force

jon

Thanks for the replies, I have had 4 series with ciggy lighters but didn’t realise they had little outlets too. I just do a bit of agency work so not that urgent. : )

If you didn’t know they were there you’d never see them from the driver seat. Where the centre console faces you they are on the return side of that, visible if you lean over or go to the passenger seat. They are usually marked 12v / 24v but are Hella fit only.