Scania have disappeared up their own bunghole

Watch this short video for the new Scania watch. Quite a good idea but the voiceover is hilarious. ‘This isnt any watch…’

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DUnt0EKpk20

I do like Scanias but they don’t half take themselves too seriously. I can see all the tangs now on the boat monitoring their truck! Wonder if it’ll do a Knight Rider. ‘Morning Seamus, where to today?’ ‘Im sorry Seamus, I cannot go over the top and be in Didcot for 10am’

Nice one. It costs on their website 295 euros. Can I claim it as expense? :sunglasses:

Love the voice, what a lot of dung. They disappeared up the own hole when they started building the mighty R Series. :confused:

“The essence of your truck on your wrist”, ain’t that when the diesel splashes?

Was at the forefront once upon a time now a dated piece of Swedish rubbish.
Volvo going the same way.
Built to a price not to a quality

Truth is that no manufacturer gives a monkeys anymore, sell em cheap and screw em on the parts.
Once the warranty has expired then they really start to make some money.

An instance just replaced a flap ram(excuse my French) on a dohllandia tail lift.
600 quid for some poxy 25 mm one way ram!
On the “course” the man said they sell tail lifts at a loss,they make money on parts

Need a “pattern” manufacturer to make parts with a 20% profit margin not like these robbin pigs operating at 200 to 300% profit cut.

Looks a load of ■■■■ :unamused:
Anyone who needs a bit of their truck on their wrist needs a spell in the mad house :laughing:

This ones better.

clicktempus.com/wp-content/uploa … -watch.jpg

i can just imagine the first driver in a yard with one of those had better wear long sleeved shirts for a while. The ■■■■ taking would be biblical.the Mickey Mouse one is much better.

looks nice but I can’t see the benefit of it.

Bking:
Was at the forefront once upon a time now a dated piece of Swedish rubbish.
Volvo going the same way.
Built to a price not to a quality

Truth is that no manufacturer gives a monkeys anymore, sell em cheap and screw em on the parts.
Once the warranty has expired then they really start to make some money.

An instance just replaced a flap ram(excuse my French) on a dohllandia tail lift.
600 quid for some poxy 25 mm one way ram!
On the “course” the man said they sell tail lifts at a loss,they make money on parts

Need a “pattern” manufacturer to make parts with a 20% profit margin not like these robbin pigs operating at 200 to 300% profit cut.

They were all good until company accountants started cost cutting and now all we are left with are plastic pigs.

Total bobbins!

I don’t even wear a wristwatch any more. Plenty of other places to find the time in this day and age (moby for starters).

Be a new part of the tang uniform by next christmas.

All truck manufacturers are the same as well as the dealers regarding aftercare once they sell a company some units. One of our 12 plate mercs needs a new starter motor and we can’t get one for love nor money, they haven’t even got any in Germany! :unamused:
We’re getting problems on our MP3 units where they are knocking themselves out of auto box into manual and you can’t select a gear for about 10-20 secs, this happens mainly in stop start traffic. Our garage has got on to the merc dealers in Sheffield and rang Mecedes up but they’re saying there is nothing wrong with the gearboxes :unamused:
Once the truck leaves the showroom they don’t give 2 ■■■■■, they have your money :confused:

Scania wanted about £500 last year for a bracket on the propshaft of an 06 p reg 8wheeler I was driving. My father in law made a replacement for about £180.
Their new 8wheelers are nice looking but a MAN, Daf or Hino do the same job for a lot less.

Great, €295 so I can check my fuel level and driving style from the RDC waiting room :unamused: Where has this functionality been all my life?

The scary thing is the advert states “this is just the beginning”.

We have the the new Actros, it’s an entry level vehicle which has everything and more than the watch on the dash, I suspect all other manufacturers have the same thing??

Do they still have candles for headlights and park benches for seats.

€295 plus the new truck or software :angry:

Its Scania jumping on this whole “wearable tech” bandwagon. Speaking of Scania, I drove my first Scania today and it wasn’t that bad. Aside from the stupid clutch semi-auto gearbox.

That could have been an Audi advert its so crass.