Scania EXT button

Hi
Has anyone got a clue what the EXT BUTTON DOES. :smiley:

PTO, innit ?

No it’s not. :cry:

Press it and find out :smiley:

It is for the trailer no smoking and fasten seatbelts sign to let the immigrants know in the back that you are boarding the ferry.

Wow Scania don’t seem to know what it’s for. I can understand that but all these clever drivers not to know. Unreal.■■? :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bighands:
Wow Scania don’t seem to know what it’s for.

Scania are muppets then. It is used to give “external” control of the ECU and throttle settings to for example an external pump, blower or any other power hungry PTO attachment so it can regulate engine RPM to give it the power it needs to perform its function.

You can get a remote control that is wired into a seperate plug under the dash so you can manually change the RPM settings if your PTO attachment has no automatic hard wired control unit. Alternatively some setups have a seperate dash panel mounted to regulate RPM.

exterminate

Is it by any chance “exit” and maybe the shipment of “I’s” hadn’t arrived the day yours rolled off the line.

Press it, then hold on tight!

Wheelnutt has it right, the latest Acumen car transporters have it, you can also start the engine from the control box when moving decks.

Yea its todo wuth pto , u use it when using hihab.if you are not allowed to use a wirelesss temote on certain sites you can disable it and use a lead

We have EXT switchs on all our hire Scania Bin carts, they are to tell the truck that when a button is pressed on the hopper to work the packer or bin lifts the revs need to kick in tha reach 1200 revs.

Cheers Welly

the EXT button on our trucks are to isolate the PTO & hydraulic pump from when yer driving , our trucks cant tip or power anything unless the truck is stationary & the EXT is pressed

Thanks for the replies. I think that pretty much ansers the question.