Scania Engines

Just ask him if he wants another 10 grand in his bank account over the next three years or in Scanias?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:
Just ask him if he wants another 10 grand in his bank account over the next three years or in Scanias?

S730 be a PILE more than £10k over 3yrs compared to a S520 No!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Yup, just add a bit and ask away.

nsmith1180:
Yup, just add a bit and ask away.

He is looking at a nice “Guy Martin special” R730 that has been parked@ Moody’s for near a year and virtually brand new.

Told him better option of a new S520 and keep up to date!!![emoji41] [emoji106]

I thought the guy Martin was based of the outgoing R?

nsmith1180:
I thought the guy Martin was based of the outgoing R?

Yes posted “R730”.

Then that’s the main argument. Does he want to spend 150k now on a truck thats going to be going head to head with S730s when he comes to sell. It’s going to kick the crap out of used values on R730 Toplines. Especially as Jenkinsons, Stobart, Thompsons and even Gregory all got run out V8 Toplines and will dump them all onto the market at 3 or 5 years. Better to go for an S580. It will cost less and hold more value.

nsmith1180:
Then that’s the main argument. Does he want to spend 150k now on a truck thats going to be going head to head with S730s when he comes to sell. It’s going to kick the crap out of used values on R730 Toplines. Especially as Jenkinsons, Stobart, Thompsons and even Gregory all got run out V8 Toplines and will dump them all onto the market at 3 or 5 years. Better to go for an S580. It will cost less and hold more value.

Can’t argue with that Smithy!!! :sunglasses:

Although I’m not sure they’re looking £150k for it if it’s been Sat a year■■?!!!

nsmith1180:
. It’s going to kick the crap out of used values on R730 Toplines.

Got to disagree, that spec of truck will always command stupid second hand prices wether its an old model or not, there will always be plenty of people more than willing to pay over the top for a V8 be it an “R” or the newer shape

I don’t know chaversdad, the New Gen is such a step forward compared to the old R series I can see a lot of operators struggling to shift vehicles brought on run out for a bargain price. It’s the same with the flagships. Why would you pay 75k for the old model when you can pay 79k for the new shape, whack a private plate on it and pass it off as brand spankers?

I just cant understand why anyone needs them big hp when only running at max 44000kg.
Expencive to buy and often need more fuel/km then a smaler engine with less hp…
I know what i have bought but thats me :sunglasses:

Danne

Dirty Dan:
I just cant understand why anyone needs them big hp when only running at max 44000kg.

Danne

It depends on what you are doing. If you are constantly up hill and down dale then big power will give lower fuel consumption because the engine isn’t working as hard. If you are cruising on the flat all the time then you will burn more motion lotion.

If your looking at a s series why not just go for the 500 better fuel and cheaper than the v8

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That’s the question I was asking!

Asked a Scania “technician” for the firing order of a 5 cylinder piece of crap the other day to set the tappets.
His responce was"they dont have a firing order you got to set the tappets using a computer"
WTF?
Find number one and turn the crank 144 degrees and thats it?
But no you got to have a Computer!!!

Dirty Dan:

Danne

We have a Tgx 440 and mines a Tgx 540 , if we both run together to Glasgow and back my 540 uses about 10 litres of diesel less than the 440

chaversdad:

Dirty Dan:

Danne

We have a Tgx 440 and mines a Tgx 540 , if we both run together to Glasgow and back my 540 uses about 10 litres of diesel less than the 440

The time saved on a long run can be surprising as well.

Hmm well you really have to do some long runs then,but sure you can make some time. My old FH 610 was cheeper than my new FH750 so dont know about al that hp talk that more hp less fuel,i still think that a 450ish moste economic unit. Cheeper to buy and cheeper/month pay and for fuel i dont think that a bigger hp unit are so mutch cheeper/mile so the cost/month get cheeper until the unit are payed for.
You guys only are at 44tone… hope you get my point.

Danne

Dirty Dan:

Danne

Its called big ■■■■ waving.Like some jerk in a Ferrari or brain dead FW with a “private” number plate.
Little genatalia so you got to pretend you got a big one by how much money you can “flaunt”