Scania Driving School Loughborough C+E

Hi All

Has anyone used the above training provider and got any feedback.

I went with a local Leicester School for my C who were very good but struggling to get any dates from anyone (tried all 4 Leicester schools) for June apart from Scania being the 5th with firm dates…

Where previously it was two students and the instructor for the full day this is 1-1 for 4 hours.

The other concern is the training starts on Wed-Fri and then Mon-Tues (being test day)…would the weekend break affect my chances of passing…?

scania.co.uk/about-scania/ca … entre.aspx

First I new that they did LGV training at the above so I learn something every day !

Called them at that location and they recently REstarted doing C and C+E training from there - they test at Leicester DVSA LGV test center

Nobody has done a write up of them at that location yet …

I done my CE with Scania Purfleet and found them to be top notch. Brand new unit and trailer and instructor was excellent! I also did wed-fri mon-tues and found the weekend was a welcome break in the middle. Came away with 4 minors on test day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Booked with them today to start in a months time, they were the only one to get back to me in a timely manner with a confirmed date for the test. This is despite two emails to 4 of schools in Leicester.

Its 1:1 so a bit different to my Class C so no doubt will be more intense…

Did not realise but the price includes an hour assessment beoforehand so that’s a bonus as sometimes I feel the assessment is delay tactics when you are always going to do 4.5 days training with the test at the end anyway!!

Down side is I have to start my lessons in Lougborough but test will be in Leicester where I now live so driving up, down, up and back home in my car… : :unamused:

Will let you know how it goes

Good luck!

I did both my C & C+E and CPC with Scania at Avonmouth. They were excellent in all areas.

I also found the weekend break useful as it gives you a bit of time to think over what you have been learning. I was considerably better going backwards after I had thought about it over the weekend!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

So had my assessment today for a an hour, lovely site both in location and facilities as is Scania’s technical development site where all the new techs get trained up

Flipping heck right he said get behind the wheel…a brand new 16 plate with 1600 miles on the clock.

A bit overwhelming as when I took a right turn in the yard where a car was parked in front after clearing it, it disappeared from site with the trailer in my mirror …have I dragged it with me I think…don’t worry Richard says just carry on. Phew it was still parked there!!

On the road the truck literally flies, no lag and could quite easily break speed limits had I not been in an area with national speed limits…

Where the Class C I learned in with another Leicester transport school was around 8 years old and pretty much driving at reduced speed being a bit tired…less said the better…

Clipped a kerb on one of my left turns…should have waited for the waiting cars to make their right turn and taken over their side of the road…no different than the C…did better on the next left turn.

What strikes me was the amount times I could not see what was behind me when making any types of turns/roundabout as the trailer just gets in the way and you have no view…need to get some confidence that I am not going to drag anything with me.

Get back to the yard…oh yes reverse it back in the slot next to the brand new C that was parked up…great I thought…had to squeeze past a dodgy parked car and kind of lined it up but not brilliant…could have done with a bit of tape on the steering wheel to say where it was straight…weird or what but think I just blagged it in!!

Now to wait 4 weeks for my real training…

Any advice and comments much appreciated…

Training was absolutely brilliant and the trainer (Richard) a gem…did get some heat from him and well deserved especially when he banged on the passenger window everytime I forgot to look at the trailer swing on right turns and roundabout…

Reversing finally got it in my head after two days of dabbling…

Coupling & Uncoupling piece of cake…even did one an hour before test

Test day today…Examiner the one everyone does not want…

Reverse sorted!!

Uncoupling…sorted

Coupling what did I do…forgot to raise the 5th wheel up to push the trailer up…mine was split as close couple…

As reversing …I noticed the gap between the trailer and cab was getting too close…something not right…so I stopped but at the same time the examiner shouts to stop as well…and the pin goes over the 5th wheel as too low…Epic Fail!!

Forward a bit …raise the wheel and lock in position…

The drive was absolutely spot on with only 4 minors

So a retest its going to be…can I not just do my coupling exercise as really don’t want to do the reverse and 60 min drive again!!

Commiserations pal, it just shows that you can’t take any part of the test for granted…

Sadly it wouldn’t be logical to allow you to just do the coupling again, as going by that logic, even the worst driver in the world would eventually pass. As for me, I believe the planets must have aligned! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

and the pin goes over the 5th wheel as too low

Schoolboy error. Don’t worry about it, just try not to do it again!

All the best for the retest.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

And take comfort that the rest of the test went so well. :slight_smile:

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks all for your encouragement…worst bit was I had an audience of 3 LGV trainers and about 3 Car instructors which I was trying to ignore, plus the sun was out no pressure eh :neutral_face:

Onwards and upwards…Lucky for me I just enjoy driving and the opportunity of an Arctic even on L plates with paying to drive one for now does not matter (I keep telling er indoors its my redundancy money!!)…

To compensate I am doing Class 2 work to cover the cost of all the training/medical/CPC

I predict I would break even if I do 30 days worth of work…which I suppose is not bad if you look at a cost benefit exercise as afterwards you have skill for life health permitting…