Scania - Distance Sensor location?

I’ve got an error saying distance sensor blocked come up, hardly surprising with sludge off roads today, however can I can it - can I bollox!

Looked in manual but that doesn’t give a location. Cleaned lane departure camera as thought might be part of that but no difference.

Looked up front covers and can’t see anything that looks like what might be a sensors so does anyone have any idea where they are?

It’s a P series if that helps or not!

Jesus wept, its like a bloody foreign language…not have a go at you dcgpx its just all this electronic garbage is getting too much.

Let me know how to switch all this ■■■■■■■■ off will you?, all makes please, i’m due another new one in two years and its bound to be stuffed with all this rubbish, which i don’t want nor need, when i’m too far gone to do the job without it i’ll be walking down the nick to hand me licence in.

Is it that bit above the number plate?

Juddian:
Jesus wept, its like a bloody foreign language…not have a go at you dcgpx its just all this electronic garbage is getting too much.

Let me know how to switch all this ■■■■■■■■ off will you?

:laughing: Oh!,…So it aint just me then who hates all that type of crap. :unamused:
I know the Agency lads get stick on here, but I would not swap places with them having to navigate themselves around all that bollo on different type trucks…every ■■■■ day :open_mouth: .
It would do my swede right in.
It aint that I am too thick to work it out, (arguably :smiley: ) it’s more a case of …I can’t be ■■■■ arsed!!
After saying that it did take me 2 days to suss out the radio when I first got my new Actros :blush: :laughing:
Over complicated over engineered, and ■■■■ unnecessary imo.

Seany:

I thought that, even though I cleaned there it wasn’t that dirty and I’d have thought it was ultrasonic similar to the reversing sensors on cars? There is something behind that bit so might be it

However - I gave up so set off to my next drop and as soon as I hit 50mph, it cleared??

So I’m now wondering if stupid thing only checks itself above a certain speed, which if it does is even more stupid as how are you to check sensor clean if stationary?

It’s in for its first inspection Friday so I’ll ask technician where it’s is and how to check at standstill.

Easy enough to switch off , 2 toggle switches for it all but still annoying having message up when want to clear it !

Oh well it’s for my safety and others lol!!

dcgpx:

Seany:

I thought that, even though I cleaned there it wasn’t that dirty and I’d have thought it was ultrasonic similar to the reversing sensors on cars? There is something behind that bit so might be it

However - I gave up so set off to my next drop and as soon as I hit 50mph, it cleared??

So I’m now wondering if stupid thing only checks itself above a certain speed, which if it does is even more stupid as how are you to check sensor clean if stationary?

It’s in for its first inspection Friday so I’ll ask technician where it’s is and how to check at standstill.

Easy enough to switch off , 2 toggle switches for it all but still annoying having message up when want to clear it !

Oh well it’s for my safety and others lol!!

That is it. They are prone to shutting off (and anything related to it) when they get ‘dirty’ or in heavy rain/sleet or similar. As part of your walk around give it a ‘polish’ with your glove to ensure it’s clean!

They reset when cleaned and the ignition turned off (wait approx 10 seconds) then on again. That’s how the DAF ones seem to work anyway.

fredthered:
That is it. They are prone to shutting off (and anything related to it) when they get ‘dirty’ or in heavy rain/sleet or similar. As part of your walk around give it a ‘polish’ with your glove to ensure it’s clean!

They reset when cleaned and the ignition turned off (wait approx 10 seconds) then on again. That’s how the DAF ones seem to work anyway.

Thanks for that info, it was because of the sleet so must have confused poor thing!

I did have ignition off whilst cleaning everywhere but still stayed on till I hit that 50mph?

Bit strange but never had one before so don’t know ?

I’ll ask Friday and see what I get off technician

think we have somethings looking like a cctv camera in the cab

robroy:

Juddian:

:laughing: Oh!,…So it aint just me then who hates all that type of crap. :unamused:
I know the Agency lads get stick on here, but I would not swap places with them having to navigate themselves around all that bollo on different type trucks…every [zb] day :open_mouth: .
It aint that I am too thick to work it out, (arguably :smiley: ) it’s more a case of …I can’t be [zb] arsed!!
After saying that it did take me 2 days to suss out the radio when I first got my new Actros :blush: :laughing:
Over complicated over engineered, and [zb] unnecessary imo.

At last two people of the same mind set as me.

yorkshire terrier:

robroy:

Juddian:

I know the Agency lads get stick on here, but I would not swap places with them having to navigate themselves around all that bollo on different type trucks…every [zb] day :open_mouth: .
It aint that I am too thick to work it out, (arguably :smiley: ) it’s more a case of …I can’t be [zb] arsed!!
Over complicated over engineered, and [zb] unnecessary imo.

At last two people of the same mind set as me.

I don’t like all this trickery either but I don’t buy the truck! I just ignore it as much as possible but when it’s worth a ton a month I don’t ignore it too much! :wink: