Scania dash valve

Looking for some help lads decided to put air duster into dash valve on my scanny p series . All going well then bloody weak valve snapped air peeing out lol . Fitters put temp stop in told by scania cnt just buy valve need to buy hand brake valve wtf mega bucks . So our tyre fitter had a look and said it screws out of handbrake valve and is called a reducer with schrader valve on . I found one on flea bay for earthmovers but wondering if anyone could help me more please .

Could you not just cut the pipe and fit a bypass valve like what you would use if you where taking the air from behind the seat for your duster gun?
Edit, a quick reread, the air valve is it actually connected to the handbrake?

Cheers drift but it is all connected mate thats what fitters were going to do .

Seems it it us integral to the handbrake mechanism :frowning:

Thats the pic mate but that little brass valve thing actually screws out believe it or not tried to upload a pic of the brass bit but cudnt lol .

That might work out a tad cheaper lol

anders66:
Thats the pic mate but that little brass valve thing actually screws out believe it or not tried to upload a pic of the brass bit but cudnt lol .

Then yeah just get another one off the bay. Or find someone you don’t like who cycles to work (or drives, more likely to be schrader and not the other one). :smiling_imp:

htmldude:

anders66:

Then yeah just get another one off the bay. Or find someone you don’t like who cycles to work (or drives, more likely to be schrader and not the other one). :smiling_imp:

While the centre core is a normal Schrader valve, as used in tyres, that brass valve body (i.e. the bit that has snapped) is not. I don’t think any type of tyre valve screws in from the outside as that does.

Sent from a sleeper pod atop a BG registered Sprinter parked just outside Crewe.

I think this might be what is needed:
tyre-equipment.co.uk/acatalo … 14039.html

Sent from a sleeper pod atop a BG registered Sprinter parked just outside Crewe.

firstdiscount.co.uk/hgv-truc … eries.html

securitgb.co.uk/ourshop/prod … -line.html

google.co.uk/search?q=scani … Cy8QsAQIIw

Ignoring the

Yeah, that seems best…

:unamused: :

Should be possible to bodge in something of a similar thread if it’s not quite right it will probably self-tap the plastic anyway but be careful. Nothing to stop you changing the connector on the air duster piping to a different style.

Well after all the bother i had one of our better fitters lol has capped off that daft hole lol and put air duster into my seat. Took him all of 10 mins to do both lol happty days . Raymondo cheers mate ordered 2 of those tank valves will keep them just incase dnt want to temp fate . Cheers all