Scania computer m.p.g

on the latest r-series , is that when you click the button on the right hand side of the steering wheel , bottom figure .
reason i ask is when ever i look at it it shows low 9,s , but bloke was telling me weve had a 380 manual 4x2 with low cab delivered, to test against the 420 auto6x2 highlines weve got as the 420, s are only averaging 5 m.p.g .
we do a lot of city centre multi drops so i dont suppose youd get great m.p.g but 5 m.p.g sounds far to low to me .
am i looking at the right figure or not

5mpg is definetly too low! Fully freighted my r420 topliner runs around 7.8mpg.
The weight and terrain make a fairly big difference though (just not enough to drag it down that low!! :open_mouth: )

make sure you re-set the mpg before you drive it, by pressing the down arrow and holding it. scanias are amongst the most economical trucks you can get

I run a 340 and I get around 12 to 13 mpg everynight. over a 400+km route

ok hands up I normaly only have max 12ton on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Press the right button, go to Trip menu and it’s the bottom figure. Our 6x2 420s are returning about 8-9mpg, most of the dash readouts haven’t been reset since the trucks were new so it’s a reasonable average readout. it’s the Opticruise that screws it I think, it’s rubbish, revs too hard and still doesn’t move very fast for it.

The new 380 G cab manuals seem to be achieving 9.5-10.5mpg, and seem quicker too, could do with a splitter though really, big gap between 7th and 8th. Volvos were better in every way though.