Scania Centurions

ellies dad:
Were the centurions any different to the streamlines :question:

im sure a few centurions were not streamlines (but im sure someone will correct me)

I think 1 of theses 100 centurions was written off in Malaga. It was owned by Howard Clayton aka Aadvark international reg K100PTL

euromat:

ellies dad:
Were the centurions any different to the streamlines :question:

im sure a few centurions were not streamlines (but im sure someone will correct me)

That’s right, i’m not sure of the numbers of each, but you could definitely spec a Centurion either with or without the streamline package.

Taylors of Martley had a flat topped 113 Centurion.

You could have them with any engine/ R cab variant IIRC(Topline/Flat top)

As said, the Centurion was a package that could be specified onto the 143 or 113. Its just as it worked out most of them were bought by owner drivers or as fleet flagships so there tended to be lots of v8 Streamline/toplines.

It was a limited [100 maybe less] spec to celebrate 100 years of Scania history in 1991. Extras were badging on the visor and cab sides plus a few goodies for the driver.

No. 14 is still going strong.

An ex-Aadvark International Centurion was scrapped-off in a yard near Stickney, Boston, some years ago. Must have been K100 PTL, unless Aadvark ran more than one Centurion.

Mechanic 77 - what is the reg and operator for 014? Grateful for advice.

Roger Breaker:
No photo’s i’m afraid,

I lied, I’ve found some!

Roger Breaker:
but i do have the promotional pack i received from Ro-Truck as an enthusiastic youngster!

Unfortunately I haven’t found that yet though :frowning:

Roger Breaker:
They had an open day/night and had the Master Centurion there (I think that’s what they called it anyway, either 001 or 100). Got a pack with some large picture cards, an anniversary book, badges and stickers etc. They also had a load of fancy little anniversary cakes made up, one of which i also kept til fairly recently but it got a little discoloured!

Here we go then, my first picture posts…

Sorry about the quality, the pictures are scanned, but i think the photographer will have to take the blame for these!

and i actually took one of the cake! :question: :unamused:

And as if that wasn’t bad enough, i used to work somewhere that actually ran one and i’d forgotten all about it! I’m not sure what number it was (sixty something rings a bell), but it’s the Terminator airbrushed one, a 6x2 tag Streamline flat-top (as you can probably see! :wink: ). David Lee bought it from someone ooop north i think, ran it on his own for a bit, then my then boss bought it from him and took him on as a driver. Not sure where it went when he sold it on. I believe it was sold through the classified’s of Commercial Motor. Before Mr. Lee had it i remember it being featured in Trucking International (as it was then), I’ve probably got that somewhere too! If memory serves correctly it was on fruit and/or veg with a chiller curtainsider, but feel free to correct me if i’m wrong, i’m not sure where this information is coming from out of my huge brain, but it hasn’t been out for a while!
Anyway, I’ll shut up now, here it is…

MandatorV8:
An ex-Aadvark International Centurion was scrapped-off in a yard near Stickney, Boston, some years ago. Must have been K100 PTL, unless Aadvark ran more than one Centurion.

Mechanic 77 - what is the reg and operator for 014? Grateful for advice.

I knew he only had one 143 he must of had it shipped back from Spain after the inquest. Shame the that was a lovely motor

J & M Murdoch and sons of Paisley have number 3 which is a 143 450 tag axle, Its a non streamline topline cab. apparently it used to belong to Carr Bros and was at truckfest this weekend.

There was also a 4x2 Centurion at Truckfest, just been restored into the blue paintwork that Scania were using for promotions around 1991. Theres a picture of it with the truckfest pics in main forum.

on at truckfest was an amazing example

taken at truckfest about 1991/1992…that’s the future mrs H blocking the view but there you go. :smiley:
this one was all pearl paint including the chassis and 5th wheel area,one of a limited edition of the limited edition.(the master centurion?)…it was all leather and that inside…pearl/white/gold colour with purple chassis.

The master Centurion is Believed to be in Northern Ireland :smiley:

I had a topline, streamline V8, but alas not a Centurion, not surte if Westfields had one, sure they would have back in the day!!!

Hi all,
Here are some Scania Centurions taken at truckfest, anybody remember them or where they are now? Paul

wrecktech100:

taken at truckfest about 1991/1992…that’s the future mrs H blocking the view but there you go. :smiley:
this one was all pearl paint including the chassis and 5th wheel area,one of a limited edition of the limited edition.(the master centurion?)…it was all leather and that inside…pearl/white/gold colour with purple chassis.

Yeah, that’s No.100, a few more pics of it with and without livery on page 1 of this thread. Also had a little flat-screen tv on a stalk which was pretty impressive in those days!

postman paul:
Hi all,
Here are some Scania Centurions taken at truckfest, anybody remember them or where they are now? Paul

That one is pictured here in a later life (a little more explaination on page 1 of this thread), minus private plate, side-skirts, and with the drive axle moved forward to bolt a tag-axle on the back. (sounds easy when you type it out doesn’t it?! :wink: )

Yeah, that’s No.100, a few more pics of it with and without livery on page 1 of this thread. Also had a little flat-screen tv on a stalk which was pretty impressive in those days!
[/quote]

No. 100 also had a fax machine and phone kit. was sold by scania for a cool £75000. so much went to children in need

Postman Paul

K100PTL was owned by Aadvark transport. In december 2000 a driver called Dana had a bad accident in Spain and the motor was written off

My mates got an ex Ron Wood 143, but i cant remember what number it is, its still in the old RW livery and looks as good as it did 10 years ago.