Scania bullnose

I am close to purchasing a Scania 144 T cab v8 4x2 LHD and it would be interesting to read of other truckers experience of driving one of these!
Thank you
G612ARD

Loose the bullnose, and you got a lovely motor, bloody bullnose’s, ugly things, and they dont impress everyone beleive it or not.

kindle i dont think that is what he was hoping to hear :laughing: :laughing:

Bullnose = What’s the point. Other than giving yourself a smaller turning circle…

Plus, as has been said many times before you can only pull 40 foot trailers.

I don’t get it.

there are exeptions to the 40’ rule.

low loaders, extendable flats, mulimodal. probably more.

but why get a 4x2. get a 6x2 and tax it at 41ton, much cheaper tax. i’ve never driven one, but i’ve heard they are a very smooth ride.
you are sat behind the front axle instead of on top of it, they are more stable too due to the longer wheel base.

ugly to some ,others love the look .if the man has bought one/about to then he’s happy enough with the look. maybe he only pulls 40 foot trailers in his line of work.maybe someone like ricky who has driven one for a living could say what they drive like as the man asked,he probably knows about the looks by now anyway. :unamused:

i seen red one hurtling passed at lymm truckstop personally i like them though never driven one, and if i did buy one i would have to make sure it earned its way there aint no point in pulling supermarket tripe! depends what his work is they used to be the pinnacle of show offs!! :laughing: then people realised the bloody noise of them upset the sleeping truckers by waking them up :angry: but all jokes aside i wonder what price he is willing to pay?

If Ive read his other posts properly he’s not gonna work it,dont think he has HGV anyway,think he’s gonna convert it to a motor home :exclamation:
May as well try and get hold of a longline in that case.
Simon :sunglasses:

dustylfc:
i seen red one hurtling passed at lymm truckstop personally i like them though never driven one, and if i did buy one i would have to make sure it earned its way there aint no point in pulling supermarket tripe! depends what his work is they used to be the pinnacle of show offs!! :laughing: then people realised the bloody noise of them upset the sleeping truckers by waking them up :angry: but all jokes aside i wonder what price he is willing to pay?

The one that is up for sale is at 23k and I want to drive it for personal use only, just big toy!!

thegeordie:
If Ive read his other posts properly he’s not gonna work it,dont think he has HGV anyway,think he’s gonna convert it to a motor home :exclamation:
May as well try and get hold of a longline in that case.
Simon :sunglasses:

Im only thinking of converting it to a motorhome to save on the insurance and I only have psv and C1 licence!

Motorcycle road racer Les Shand has a black one that he converted into a motorhome himself, a 4x2 unit streached.

there you go then,a big toy. :slight_smile: no need to worry about how they pull/40 foot trailers and such :slight_smile:

lets see some piccys

Aye there better be plenty of pics and also pics of the conversion you are doing on it :wink:

or else :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

JOBE BEN:
lets see some piccys

go to CPR Commercials its on their showroom page

Silver_Surfer:
Bullnose = What’s the point.

Flat floor!

When servicing you wont smash screen with a tin of beans!

Smoother ride like someone allready said.

if ur just having it as a toy why not save yourself 8 grand and buy the volvo bullnose ? nh12 on the same page

I’m sure I’ve seen a Peterbuilt converted to a rather large & luxuious motorhome at the Camping & Caravan show at the NEC recently!

Looking at the CPC Commercials website, I think i’d go for the blue bullnose volvo if I was going to have a big toy!!!

There is a rigid bullnose used to deliver cider somewhere in the midlands. Apparantly it is a converted horsebox.