Scania axle weight problem

Hi, my new ride is an old Scania P320 rigid 26T. The allowable axle weights are 9 on the steer, 11.5 on the drive and 7.5 on the tag lift. It seems to have issues with putting too much weight on the tag axle to the detriment of the drive axle as this image of the display illustrates.

Now the display could be the only thing malfunctioning, but when I drove it previously telling a similar story (2T on the drive and 6 or 7T on the tag) the truck was struggling and the wheel spin indicator was lit up.

Any suggestions as to how to make it behave properly?

What, no one? :sob:
I’ve got to drive it in the morning… hopefully.

i assume there is a reason you cant move the weight forward away from the lift axle. To be honest i have never seen a scania that doesnt spin the wheels no matter how it is loaded.

there is probably a way by pressing 153 buttons to make the lift axle go up

There is a button to lift the tag, but 13.7T on the Drive would also not be acceptable, so it would not lift. There is another button to transfer weight to the drive, but something is clearly not right that it can’t make a better first attempt itself. The weight is already spread evenly, not particularly over the lift.

if you pit the 10 t over the lift axle it would have very little affect on the drive axle. by moving it forward to between the axles it would be split between the two.

what is it your moving

Around 1 tonne too light on the steer and over 2 tonne too heavy on the tag is a clue.
Maybe also check the axle weights empty would be a start.

It was actually fine in the morning as soon as I turned the ignition. Must have given itself a stern talking to over the weekend

Is that supposed to be the same load as before ?.
So now it’s lighter on the gross and even lighter on the steer and over 4t has been shifted from the tag to the drive ?.

Yes, same load. I just turned the key in the ignition and it pinged into place, with all the axles happy. The 300kg total difference is just margin of error.
Have you experienced air suspension?

did the drive axle spin though

Previously yes, with a different load that wasn’t so far off but was putting too much weight on the tag instead of the drive. I think the truck doesn’t like me using the tag lift. As it plays up after.

:joy: He’s barely experienced pneumatic tyres.

1 Like

Yes I used air suspension trailers and units and lifting tag 3 axle demount prime movers and drawbar trailers which used the air suspension to drop and lift the boxes.Never had any computerised TV readout regarding weights though.