Scania aux in

Evening all, just been moved into a 14 plate Scania with the poverty spec stereo, any of you chaps with a bit of technical savvy able to help me out with the required details for making up an aux lead?
I found one to buy here - https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects2-ct29sn01-scania-all-models-aux-input-interface-adaptor.html but I don’t think I can bring myself to pay £15 for 2 quids worth of parts.

Should be a 3.5mm socket on the far top left of the dash. On mine it’s hidden just behind a cab screen whatsit.

I had your problem in my truck, ended up using one of these for 15 quid. Works great for everything.

FM Transmitter, [Update… amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZZSJDTR? … pop_ma_swf

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I took out a switch blank and fit one of these to it,
ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Mini-S … Sw9N1Vjo~U
Then got one of these, cut the jackplug off and soldered the wires to the socket,
ebay.co.uk/itm/Aux-In-Input … Swo4pYfxWn
Scania wanted £50 for the same thing.

DJC:
Should be a 3.5mm socket on the far top left of the dash. On mine it’s hidden just behind a cab screen whatsit.

Cheers, I’ll have another look but I’m fairly sure there isn’t one there.

Biglew74:
I had your problem in my truck, ended up using one of these for 15 quid. Works great for everything.

FM Transmitter, [Update… amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZZSJDTR? … pop_ma_swf

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks, I’m not a fan of them things though and this cab is well short of power sockets!

skinhead:
Then got one of these, cut the jackplug off and soldered the wires to the socket,

That’s exactly what I’m after, wasn’t sure of the right plug to go in the back of the radio. Thanks very much. Are the Scania radios made by Blaupunkt then?

DJC:
On mine it’s hidden just behind a cab screen whatsit.

Spare us the technical mumbo jumbo! :laughing: :laughing:

The-Snowman:

DJC:

:laughing: :laughing:
I was just going to look behind everything to find out what he means!

Les Shoes:

The-Snowman:

DJC:

It’s where it is on this picture, but for me there’s a company screen thing whatchamacallit mounted in front :laughing:

DJC:

Les Shoes:

The-Snowman:

DJC:

It’s where it is on this picture, but for me there’s a company screen thing whatchamacallit mounted in front :laughing:

I get what you mean now, I don’t know if I’m being stupid but I can’t actually see it in that picture, is my phone cutting the edge of the picture off?

Les Shoes:
I get what you mean now, I don’t know if I’m being stupid but I can’t actually see it in that picture, is my phone cutting the edge of the picture off?

Aye, mobile site cuts off the right hand side of the photo which shows the socket. Would be fine if it was a picture of a RHD dash :smiley:

The aux in just looks like a headphone socket on a phone, it’s not present on all vehicles sadly even those with the same model of stereo.

I just use an FM transmitter like the one mentioned in an earlier post.

Gingerpose:

Les Shoes:

Aye, mobile site cuts off the right hand side of the photo which shows the socket. Would be fine if it was a picture of a RHD dash :smiley:

The aux in just looks like a headphone socket on a phone, it’s not present on all vehicles sadly even those with the same model of stereo.

I just use an FM transmitter like the one mentioned in an earlier post.

Ah yeah, can see it clearly on the laptop, definitely not got that.
Cheers all

Les Shoes:

skinhead:

That’s exactly what I’m after, wasn’t sure of the right plug to go in the back of the radio. Thanks very much. Are the Scania radios made by Blaupunkt then?

That was just the make I bought, most head units have mini iso connectors at the back.

A few of our motors have the Aux socket but it doesn’t work :unamused: Any ideas on that one?

rob22888:
A few of our motors have the Aux socket but it doesn’t work :unamused: Any ideas on that one?

Do you get AUX coming up when you press the source button or just radio and cd. You may need to go into the menu to turn on the aux function.

skinhead:

Can i do the same as this in a daf cf ?

I ended up liking the idea of having an aux in as an alternative to using an FM transmitter, so I bought the lead on ebay

ebay.co.uk/itm/Female-3-5mm … 2749.l2649

Luckily I found one with the female plug on it, so didn’t have to cut and solder anything to make up the connector.

Then got one of our helpful mechanics to install it for me.

Very neat!

GP

Sorry for the bump but that’s what came up from the search…I have the same question ('12 Scania, “F*** the drivers” spec) - on the radio when I cycle through the “source” modes AUX does come up but for the life of me I cannot find the audio-in jack…I won’t spend any money on it because I drive a different truck every day (plus I’m sure whatever parts I buy/install will be gone before my next shift anyway) so just looking for help on the location of the jack if there is one at all…There must be as the radio apparently gives me a choice between CD/AUX/Tuner. It does have a CD, though :confused:

Ok, just dug up a Scania manual where it says “Not all vehicles have an AUX connection.” Neat.
Another night of listening to the morons on Radio 1 it will be, then :grimacing:

manualslib.com/manual/83792 … ml?page=40

Just wondering if this will work
1neiSmartech Aux-In Cable For Delphi Bosch Auto Fiat 500, Grande Punto Evo, Panda, Lancia Y Alfa 147 Car Radios With Female Jack And Jumper + Removal Kit + Besync Nylon Male Jack Cable amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HM4DL2J/ … bEb6K5MSVF