Scania automatic gearbox help

hi we have a scania 620 with opticruise box when starting of it really struggles to change gear sometimes not at all it also over revs at the same time the other day it wouldn’t go into gear at all.
it has been to scania on a computer came back as a sensor which has been done it has made no difference.
we are trying to avoid paying hundreds more to scania and we was wondering if any body else has had the same problems.
we have a feeling it might be electrical any clues

i took a scania R620 for a test drive last year and it struggled changing gear, seemed to be holding the gear way too long, and had to thrash the nads off it to make it change, it turned out, i was in the wrong drive mode on the stalk, i had it on AH, not A

not saying it is the same thing, but, worth checking

shuttlespanker:
i took a scania R620 for a test drive last year and it struggled changing gear, seemed to be holding the gear way too long, and had to thrash the nads off it to make it change, it turned out, i was in the wrong drive mode on the stalk, i had it on AH, not A

not saying it is the same thing, but, worth checking

yeah I know what you mean its not that it seems to work better in manual

In auto, you can lift it up to change up and push down to change down. Make sure previous driver hasn’t knocked her into M. Also as shuttlespanker says flick it into AH in twelfth then push it down for AH 11 and watch her fly up the Hill :sunglasses: I hope you got this :grimacing:

Mate,opticruise is pish,if you want a good auto,go volvo

I drive mine in MP, never in automatic. But clearly it shouldn’t be doing what it’s doing but maybe yours is just a Friday truck??

go into settings and change ur starting gear its prob set to 1st or Auto, I have mine set for 3rd . then select auto and just use the paddle to change up just top of the greenline on the reves ( make sure you have the dynamic on, think its on its the one that shows green rev line all the time from 1100 to 1800 ) .

On the Daf we were told it’ll eventually learn how the driver drives the truck

re posted my own post for some reason

its a bit more serious than that its been ok since I have been driving it and is now of the road im having to put up with driving a stralis at the moment

hanson:
its a bit more serious than that its been ok since I have been driving it and is now of the road im having to put up with driving a stralis at the moment

that makes no sense

nick2008:

hanson:

that makes no sense

“Off the road” is the phrase you’re struggling over. Hope that has eased your pain.

nick2008:

hanson:

that makes no sense

thought it was driving the stralis that didn’t make sense

Bopeep

Was is the speed sensor on the top of the gear box you changed? I’ve had similar trouble with mine. The sensor only half fixed it lol,sometimes it struggles to go from 7th to 6th and just keeps reving and gets stuck in limbo and won’t pick any gear in auto or manual until i stop,then it picks 2nd and away we go again.

I think the problem is the bank of 8 electric over air valves on the near side of the box,mine was never any trouble into two pipes rubbed through feeding the valves.

take it back to Scania and ask them to fit, a Volvo gearbox.

I used to drive a DAF with an auto box and to make it change up earlier at lower revs I taped a couple of 2 pence coins under the throttle pedal. This did not affect kick down if I needed it but at all other times electronics think your only giving it about 75% pedal.

You sure that’s not the torque limiter mate? If you turn the engine on and then try and set off too soon, it won’t let you above a thousand revs or something for 30 seconds and is slow to change up. Just have to put up with it. After that time it’s fine.

Not the best of boxes, the auto cruise. you need a manual to do a scanny v8 justice, but they only offer 3 over 3 on the v8 not 4 over 4 which is a crying shame. The new 2 pedal opti cruise is meant to be an improvement.

I changed a hall sensor on the gearbox in mine once I think, bout a grand.

thanks for the help problem solved on the top of the box there is a box that holds sensors which is attatched to
a housing in there is a piston and rings tge rings had broke up