Scania 2021 incab CCTV

One of the drivers the other day said that the new Scanias that we have, have got on-board CCTV in the cab facing the driver area.

They pointed out these things in the ceiling, but I’m not sure if they are cameras or not.

If they’re not cameras I can only assume there is some kind of sensor, perhaps a volumetric sensor of some kind?

Aren’t they just attachment points for a cargo net on the upper bunk…?

That would make sense, as they look like standard parts of a Scania.

But it’s worth asking others who know more than I do before I dig myself into another hole….

Lucy:

They’re actually…

Official Scania flag hanging points.

Part in the in cab flag kit and silly logo system developed over the years for the ‘it’s never late in a V8’ crowd. Also included in the kit is, how to tie wrap a ladies stiletto heeled shoe to your nearside bottom doorstep.

Had something similar in my 59 plate, just a metal bracket.

But I’d confirm the rumour “having checked with the dealer” just to stir up some nonsense!

yourhavingalarf:

Lucy:

They’re actually…

Official Scania flag hanging points.

Part in the in cab flag kit and silly logo system developed over the years for the ‘it’s never late in a V8’ crowd. Also included in the kit is, how to tie wrap a ladies stiletto heeled shoe to your nearside bottom doorstep.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They don’t point towards the drivers area , they point straight towards the top lockers , and the one on the drivers side is covered by the curtain that goes across the bunk ( not sure if they have all got curtains for bunk , but the one I had did )

What has it come to when someone posts is this a camera when it looks nothing like a camera?

They don’t even remotely look anything like a camera.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

simcor:
What has it come to when someone posts is this a camera when it looks nothing like a camera?

They don’t even remotely look anything like a camera.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

The guy asked a question he wasn’t sure on. No need to be a ■■■■ about it.

On topic; as Harry says they’re clips for upper bunk restraint/netting/whatever is specced up there.

Personally cargo netting would be my choice should a vehicle have any in cab driver recording camera as it would give operatives a handy place to stow away any shreds of dignity and self worth that may remain should said operative choose to be monitored and scrutinised for so much of their life.

Does the driver who told you this also tell you about the time he ran out of spread over on the bay at a Tesco RDC so they chalked off the bays either side of him,gave him a slap up meal in the canteen and let him have his 11 off undisturbed. That was after he missed the Herald of Free Enterprise of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have since found the particular trucks that do have the cameras fitted and whilst they are in the passenger area of the cabs they most certainly are CCTV cameras.

I’ll get a photo when I’m back in but it’s above the passenger door facing the drivers area and cab. But it can be covered by the curtain too.

Thanks for all your responses.