Scania 164L 480

Hello everybody,
Since this is my first post here, I’d like to shortly introduce myself:
I’m a guy from Serbia, and my dad’s been a professional truck driver for around 40 years.
Most of the times, I haven’t really been able to find a decent ( First hand ) source of information, and somehow I’d always end up reading your forums, so at last I decided to register.

Currently, we own an F90 MAN 19.422, and we’re planning to buy a newer truck.
Recently, I’ve seen a Scania 164L 480 ( from 2000. ) on sale, with a tempting price. However our experience with older V8 Scania trucks is pretty negligible.
After reading a few posts here, I still couldn’t infer anything significant. Hence I’d like to ask if any of you have had any experience with this particular model, and if there are certain issues with it. What’s its average consumption, is there anything unique to know about it…and so on…
This model’s mileage is 1M km ( ~600k miles ), I could post images later.

Thanks in advance.

Fuel on v8s is around 7.5 - 8.5 make sure the engine has been looked after the engines are low to be reliable but if its at too good a price it could be trouble personally id look for something newer as if your doing any uk work areas like London or other low emission zones will be off limits

alix776:
Fuel on v8s is around 7.5 - 8.5 make sure the engine has been looked after the engines are low to be reliable but if its at too good a price it could be trouble personally id look for something newer as if your doing any uk work areas like London or other low emission zones will be off limits

Thanks for replying. The price is 12k euros for the truck + semi-trailer, owner says the engine was regularly serviced, and that the truck itself wasn’t really being used lately, due to lack of need for it.
Euro 3 is fine for these areas and neighboring countries, such as Bulgaria, Romania and Bosnia…The issue with newer tracks is that they’re way more expensive, yet will earn pretty much the same.