Scania 143 - L500AGA

Hello all, just after a bit of info. My freind bought the above reg scania a couple of years ago now and is just about to put her back to work! What we are wondering is if any one on here can shine any light on the history of the truck. Some people we have met have said she came from Scotland, but can’t remember the operator. But say she was part of a fleet where the reg’s all went L500AGA , L500AGB , L500AGC etc etc. But we have never seen another on the road or on the shows. Hope someone can be of help!! :smiley:

Weren’t those reg No’s used by one of the “gas” companies … was it liquid nitrogen :question: :question:
It seems to ring a bell with me :bulb:

shuttyxf:
Hello all, just after a bit of info. My freind bought the above reg scania a couple of years ago now and is just about to put her back to work! What we are wondering is if any one on here can shine any light on the history of the truck. Some people we have met have said she came from Scotland, but can’t remember the operator. But say she was part of a fleet where the reg’s all went L500AGA , L500AGB , L500AGC etc etc. But we have never seen another on the road or on the shows. Hope someone can be of help!! :smiley:

started life in tarleton ex graham ashcroft all hir reg numbers were aga did a lot of fridge work plus containers as well a mate of mine used to drive it that motor has worked probly done twice wot it says on clock

Hi there, as arkie says they were ex Ascrofts from Tarleton and were light blue with a white band on the cabs. (There are pics on the internet if you do a search) I remember L500 AGA being for sale in 2006 at JGE in Leighton Buzzard.

I used to own L500 DGA, one of the sister motors to your mates. She had a lot of work done to her to get her where she`s at now including a full engine rebuild and uprated to euro 2 so she could be plated @ 44 ton.

Here`s a few pics of DGA when I had her.

Regards, Jimbo.

l500bga.jpg

Thanks for all your reply’s, i’d put pictures of it on of when he bought it and whatits like now but can’t seem to get them on!! If any one can help me i’ll get them up, it just keeps saying image invalid.

jimbotruck:
Hi there, as arkie says they were ex Ascrofts from Tarleton and were light blue with a white band on the cabs. (There are pics on the internet if you do a search) I remember L500 AGA being for sale in 2006 at JGE in Leighton Buzzard.

I used to own L500 DGA, one of the sister motors to your mates. She had a lot of work done to her to get her where she`s at now including a full engine rebuild and uprated to euro 2 so she could be plated @ 44 ton.

Here`s a few pics of DGA when I had her.

Regards, Jimbo.

Hiya Jimbo is DGA over in Ireland nowadays?? Seen a vid of it on youtube recently sounds an animal!!! Used to see it a bit when Richardsons ad it,bet u must miss the beast!

Finally got website sussed, il try and upload a picture now

Hiya Fh16, yes shes over in Ireland now, owned by T G Trans, they have a fancy red Topline T cab too so looks like shes in good hands.
Biggest mistake I ever made selling her, should have kept her. :frowning: :frowning: