Scania 143 A143BCT

hey guys,
i am new on here so firstly hello to everyone.
a friend of mine is looking at buying this truck below from fernwood commercials in rainham and i am looking to see if anyone has any history of it or knows of its previous owners, reg no A143 BCT.
anyone had any dealings with fernwood??

fernwoodcommercials.co.uk/details.php?id=968

thanks a million in advance for any replies, much appreciated.
If i have put this in wrong section,i apologise, maybe the mods can move it.
thanks
joe

am sure that was scotlee transports at the start, theres pictures on the internet of it think its L reg, i remember seeing it on ebay months ago as an owner driver got it. whats he planning on doing with it?

Thanks for the info mate. Just checked out scotlee website and colours look a good match. I seen a L reg 143 but it seems to be a 500. But im sure he may have had more than one.
He is not going to work her daily, just clean her up and keep her original for shows,truck runs etc.

hes a good lad ive had a 4 wheeler 143 for about 3 months now its good fun restoring them, well worth time and money

Could it be an ex Mortimers (run spuds “Eat more chips” on the trailers)?.

yea it seems like a pretty straight motor fernwood has, would be a good base to start from.
yours is a four wheeler? you mean 4x2 or 8x4?

NB12, not sure about mortimers, can seem to find any pics on the net of them having a steel bumper 143.

I was originally thinking it was PAE transport from newport. similar type paintjob as well.

mines a 4x2, youve got to look at it this way to be honest, you can either spend 12 to 30 grand on a done up 143 which may not be any cop anyway or pay less and do it yourself and no its right and how you want it to be, thats my theory anyway

absolutely, it can turn into a bottomless pit of money if you loose the run of yourself, at least if your doing it yourself you can control what you spend.

That Scania was a ex Mortimers truck it belonged to a o/d John Bryon who subbed for me for the last year he had it
Like everything John had it was well maintained and went really well and to my knowledge had a clucth a few months before he sold it
I have been a buyer and seller of Fernwoods for 8 years now and they are a genuine company who stand by what they sell and will always do you a good turn rather a bad go for it

Thats great info mrken, much appreciated. I think my man is heading over at the weekend to check her out.

You wont go wrong I sent him every where in it just asked my traffic desk who said it had clutch and slave cylinder manifolds brakes
and to be honest he really looked after it

thanks again mrken, how long is it since he parted company with the truck? what sort of work was he doing with you? containers?

Just containers and they bought it direct from him so she hasnt done a lot

Thanks for all the info guys