SCANIA 142's

whiplash:
IMG_0182 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Before speed limiters,these boys could make them trucks go!

Your not wrong there, remember coming down the M6 on Sundays in me F10 doing 65+ and those boys would come by me like I was stood still :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

J & G Riddell, established in 1976, are still going strong today based at Farmton, Alford AB33 8EJ, Scotland. Here is their website: http://www.jgriddell.com

A picture of one of their newer additions - the a Scania R620.

017 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
At a truck meet in the west.

Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0352 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Slane,Co Meath

Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0350 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Un camion Francais
Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0348 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Carna in Rosslare
Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0343 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Carna up close

Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0329 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Ken Hogger,London
Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0328 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0327 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr
One of Liffey Meats,taking an early bath.

Oldies courtesy of Joe Mooney_0325 by Niall Daniels, on Flickr

West of Scotland from Newhouse, Scotland - here in better times.

i know truckerash started the 43’ers but what about the 142’s wernt these groundbreakers for some of you older drivers ?

How good was the wind of change from the outgoing LB cabbed 1 series to the newer 2 series ? after all VOLVO had the F10’s & 12 running for a few years by the time the 2 series made it’s debut ,would love to see some pics gents , all the more if some are still on the daily grind

as far as i know this one is semi retired & pulls vintage trucks to shows but does occasionally pull a low loader for recovery work

photo’s curtesy of Bill Cruickshank & S Walker

This 142 was ran by my dad for 13 years before being kept for shows by me.

like the black & silver mate , might have passed him on the A39 down to watchet / minehead paper mill

RF003.jpg

No probs Dieseldogsix. Always nice to see pics no matter how many times they appear :wink:

This is a great thread so I suppose it’s about time I put a load more pics on here :smiley:
I remember when the first 2 series’s demonstrators came to Scania HQ at Milton Keynes in 1982. I was round there like a shot with the camera…

M&B Transport from Northampton were reputed to be the first co. in the country to put one on the road. In fact they had two arrive together…“Spud” and Maureen were the lucky drivers.

I got to drive one as well for Peter Roff. WHAT A MACHINE; That V8 sounded soooo good!

Here’s a few more early 142’s to whet your whistles…enjoy! :smiley:

A142 my dad drove, ex Rusel Davies

repainted to this

By null at 2011-02-19

By null at 2011-02-19

Shot at 2011-02-19

Shot at 2011-02-19
SI1943Meadows Dublin/Bosmans Holland every week for years

By null at 2011-02-19
Lined up in Dun Laoghaire for export.

truckerash:
No probs Dieseldogsix. Always nice to see pics no matter how many times they appear :wink:

This is a great thread so I suppose it’s about time I put a load more pics on here :smiley:
I remember when the first 2 series’s demonstrators came to Scania HQ at Milton Keynes in 1982. I was round there like a shot with the camera…

M&B Transport from Northampton were reputed to be the first co. in the country to put one on the road. In fact they had two arrive together…“Spud” and Maureen were the lucky drivers.

Were they delivered with the gallon oil can :slight_smile:

Suedehead:

Were they delivered with the gallon oil can :slight_smile:

Yeah, well spotted very good :laughing: I think there were a few oil leaks with Spud’s previous motor - an aging DAF 2800 and he wasn’t taking any chances.

Note the side air kit; Shame they fitted the kit on after the stripe was applied…attention to detail :wink:

I would like to post this picture to the memory of Graham Mann, Keith Simpson & Mel Carr who all loved the 142 RIP Guy’s

sorry if you have seen this picture before in other threads Cheers Mel