Scania 140,141,142 &143's

Bought this and ran it in 2003.

Capture 6.PNG

a few of pp O’Connor`s 143

from finland ,cheers benkku

dieseldog999:
would anyone know the whereabouts of this old donkey?
i owned it after taylors had it,the prop broke on the m74 burst both tanks and set it on fire from the cab backwards(along with the trailer), sold it to someone who was going to repair it from northumberland i think…prob about 20 years ago now though…

Did a couple of trips to Portugal in that in 1996 and i didn’t get on with it at all
Iirc the 450 badge on the grille read 490 ? It was an oddball number.

It had an estepe roof conversion,a tag axle that worked sometimes, other times you would be shoving a wire back in in the wiring box on the chassis to get it to lift.

First trip in it was down to Lisbon a place called Carnaxide with 10 pallets of blue loo in a fridge
It was a blind side reverse uphill in to a backstreet 5hitole.

A nightmare I don’t want to remember, it went in in the end, i had an audience who were falling about barely able to contain themselves any one who has had a bad day a temperamental tag that worked when it wanted to and a load of baying lads shouting and balling will have some sympathy.

Reload went on at Vigo, frozen fish to Grimsby .
I had 24 off while I waited to load.
Left it on the bay so I had a sweep up and aired the bedding as you do.
Come evening and the factory was closing I walked up to the village and had a beer and something to eat.
I got hammered in that bar too much ale.

Walked back to the factory and the sliding gate was across the entrance and it was deserted.
No probs climbed over the gate caught my trousers ripped them and gashed all me leg open.

Gets in the wagon gear off head down straight away, wakes up for a pizz falls out of the lorry stays on the floor where I landed and fell back to sleep, wake up with the security guards dog licking my toes :laughing: .

Coming home on the N525 and pulling up the hills outside of Verin it has a major breakdown fuel pump injectors something along those lines and all progress ceased.
Recovery came out and towed me unit only into Verin where it got repaired took them 4 days.

The recovery firm sent a unit to pick up my trl, the driver dropped it on the road outside the recovery firm, turned the fridge off and 4 days later when I came to pick it up, it had sank into the tarmac f-in nightmare sorting that out.

Just one of those trips.

It was for sale in commercial motor Jan/Feb 1998.
I have no good memories of that wagon at all.

goo.gl/maps/EKFZyX89R9S2 this is where the trl was dropped and sank outside recovery company.
goo.gl/maps/5SAPopdcN2r broke down around here.

20160815_222216.jpg

One i drove…

seth 70:
Theres a white with red chassis low roof 143 450 6x2 tag L reg knocking about bradford,its usually pulling a live chicken trailer,its abit ropey but with some tlc it would be a cracker ,anyone else seen it :question:

yes its a guy called kevin AKA TUSH. He has owned that truck 18 years he ran It upto 2003 then parked it up when he started to buy new. His last fleet of trucks were 4 2011 560 v8 topline scanias 2014 he sold up got bored and put the old 143 back on road. It was parked up 10 years serviced years test off she went back on road he will go any were in it. It defo needs restoring

A few more.
Oily

Scania Lewis William Harris cc by 2.0 9385295305_563b958719lwh_k.jpg

This was mine…

image.jpeg

As she stands today.

Oh wow, would love to call in and see her sometime.

Hey, is there some who remeber the man with a big beard ( a bit like Pat Seal).
He drove a Scania (111)like this one here I fotoshoped a bit, but think a left ■■■■■■ it was, and did big trips.
Was very often in Zeebrugge port truck stop (total)

Eric,

can’t be certain…but i think it was a black 142 i spotted today on the A14 pulling a container.any info anyone please? just a bit earlier,i saw 143 wrecker,coming around the A10/A1123 roundabout.

There is a guy lives in Tiptree who has a black 142 doing container work . have spoken to him few times as he has it parked up on his drive not far from me at weekends and have seen him few times on A12 and A14

A rather nice example of a 141. Robert

No words needed

Johnboy271:
There is a guy lives in Tiptree who has a black 142 doing container work . have spoken to him few times as he has it parked up on his drive not far from me at weekends and have seen him few times on A12 and A14

excellent! that must be the one :sunglasses: …photo’s next time please :slight_smile:

pete smith:

dieseldog999:
would anyone know the whereabouts of this old donkey?
i owned it after taylors had it,the prop broke on the m74 burst both tanks and set it on fire from the cab backwards(along with the trailer), sold it to someone who was going to repair it from northumberland i think…prob about 20 years ago now though…

Drove this (G377UVM) a few times myself before Stuart sold it.

Boatchaser:
Went to the launch of the new shaped Scania,s at ( not sure if I,m right ) B & W Scania, think there called West Pennine now . They were right at the entrance to Stakehill Ind Est Middleton , Glass Glover was across the road , thats the old man with his back to the camera ( looking all Knowledgeable ) . Weeks later his boss at Powerscreen bought a new 82 photo on here somewhere

…and before Stakehill,B&W were on Ashton Rd Droylsden Manchester,I intended “doing” Saudi,but thought better of it,although I visited B&W a few times negotiating a new Scania.

David

Russia