Scania 112

Montgomery Transport Preston 1988 ish

from begining of bruschspray age, hej benkku

bigr250:

Carl:
any ideas this belonged to fellas

I’ve got no idea who it belonged to, but I’d bet that (looking at the rot) it spent the first few years of it’s life near the coast, lots of trucks from that era that started out in Aberdeen went badly to seed in exactly the same way.

Ross.

scanny141002.jpg
scanny141002.jpg
scanny141003.jpg

I reckon both these motors were owned by the same co/person, equally as good condition (nearly) The 112 will be soon.

scanny141004.jpg

One in Stuttgart earlier this year setting up a beer fest site

taken on the spanish french border

Clean & Smart :smiley:

IMG_NEW.jpg

I had A453 FFU a 6x2 tag axle unit then A599 KLJ a 4x2 unit, both P cabs ,599 was the better of the 2 ,anyone got any pics , i drove them both back in `89

Iranian 112 drivers do it on bigger tyres… Robert:)

In France,yesterday.

robert1952:

Hi Robert 1952, What was the crack with the Trilex wheels with the Iranians/Iraq’ etc? I never driven a wagon with Trilex’ so why did they favour them so much, durability/handling, what were the pluses/minus’ of them? Regards Chris

First trip out March 1988

adr:

robert1952:

Hi Robert 1952, What was the crack with the Trilex wheels with the Iranians/Iraq’ etc? I never driven a wagon with Trilex’ so why did they favour them so much, durability/handling, what were the pluses/minus’ of them? Regards Chris

I’ve never had to change a Trilex wheel but I’m told that they are bad news. I think the Iranians had them simply because they imported, and built under licence, so many yankee trucks. I spoke to drivers last time I visited Iran and they claimed all the new Chinese Euro-look-alike units were unreliable crap compared with their 30-year-old Macks and Whites. Robert:)

I took this pic of DKH 118Y when it was with KCS, the trailer repair people in Sittingbourne. It had a 305 bhp lump and previously belonged to Harrier Express in Faversham. Before that EST had it on exhibition work. I drove it for Harrier to Turkey in '95. I hope someone is cherishing it. Robert :slight_smile:

GTHOMPSON:
First trip out March 1988

Nice one! I like it alot :smiley:

Reg Danne

robert1952:
I took this pic of DKH 118Y when it was with KCS, the trailer repair people in Sittingbourne. It had a 305 bhp lump and previously belonged to Harrier Express in Faversham. Before that EST had it on exhibition work. I drove it for Harrier to Turkey in '95. I hope someone is cherishing it. Robert :slight_smile:

It’s still there, in a bit of a sad way now but could be saved if they would part with it that is!

SeldomSeenKid:

robert1952:

It’s still there, in a bit of a sad way now but could be saved if they would part with it that is!

Glad to hear it’s in one piece! Here’s a picture of it on its trip with me to Turkey nearly 20 years ago. Robert :slight_smile:

1988 R112 being restored

Another 112 at La Jonquera

This was a good tool,UWJ 495Y fleet 405,taken one summer’s night above Haven Café ont A1 en route to a Penrith changeover…

And 112M UWJ 494Y fleet 404 was the 100th Scania Glass Glover bought for the Littlewoods contract…

Carl:
any ideas this belonged to fellas

This looks like Mortimers livery.