Scania 112 or 113 anyone?

Lawrence Dunbar:

I drove this one but only on a part time basis, Ive driven better motors but it did the job and was good on fuel, Regards Larry.

Great motors

Bewick:
Great motors

Aye, 'appen they’ll breed! Robert :laughing:

ParkRoyal2100:
I’m aware all the V8s (141/ 142/ 143) have a big following both here and elsewhere, and justifiably so. But the older humbler 11-litre models seem to be over-looked or at least overshadowed and I wonder if there’s a need to balance things a bit.

I need to declare at the outet I’ve never driven either a 112 or 113, the closest I came was an '87 82m and no amount of begging and pleading and bribery on my part could stop it going back to its regular driver when he came back off sick leave.

What made me a fan of the 112/ 113 was the sound. Some years back when I was driving [zb] old Jap trucks around Sydney, I heard a 112h take off from some lights ahead of me and head towards me. It had a nice big fat chrome chimney at the back and the noise it made going up through the gears made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, especially combined with the ‘whoop’ of the turbo on the over-run at gear changes.

I’d sort of forgotten about how much I liked the sound of these things as there are fewer and fewer left on the road… until yesterday when I heard a 6-legger 113m go past. Being as I didn’t have a camera when it went past all I could do was listen and enjoy, but when some hours later I heard it coming back I belted inside to find a camera. The result won’t make it as an award winning documentary but well… you get the idea:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_umv-Sbnh8

A few from my collection

Barry/Gloves

VT

image.jpg

VT

image.jpg

Fred Brown,Carlisle

Marchon,Whitehaven

113 and 112 in Stuttgart

3 rigids in Bordeaux

229.JPG

228.JPG

203.JPG

Russia

finland

Somewhere abroad

Here’s one I drove for 3 years back in the 90’s - it never let me down, but did suffer from some severe wheel wobbles, that stemmed from the mid lift / twin steer set up. It went back to Scantruck a few times, but they never sorted the wobbles.

kmills:

Here’s one I drove for 3 years back in the 90’s - it never let me down, but did suffer from some severe wheel wobbles, that stemmed from the mid lift / twin steer set up. It went back to Scantruck a few times, but they never sorted the wobbles.

It looks like a “retro fit” could be a Granning conversion maybe ? I never reckoned 'owt to “bolt on conversions” but just my opinion and no I didn’t have any on the Bewick fleet ! Cheers Dennis.

gunnerheskey:
I liked the 112 R cab, i had one for a year C163 TLC an ex Ryder truck rental unit, coming off of a M.A.N 322 on a K plate, i thought it was nice roomy and fast, but could bang your head on the cab ceiling after hitting a pothole in the road…
This was one a friend drove out of Calne…

Hi Gunner, I’m only 5 years late but thought you might like these,
Best Regards,
Mace

My youngest boy posing in front of my mates 113. (he’s 30 years old now :laughing: :laughing: )

Didn’t want to stand in front of my F12, which was parked next to it. :frowning: :frowning: :laughing: .

raysscania.jpg