Scania 111 daycab question

Hi gang please take a look at this photo

OK as a modeller I want to create this vehicle but the only kit available is a standard sleeper cab. However luckily it would seem that neither the chassis nor the area below the cab is shortened, only the cab itself which leaves a flat area immediately behind the daycab above the wheel arches (arrowed). My question is, does this ‘shelf’ cross completely from side to side behind the cab or is it only above the wheel arches? Does anyone remember. Cheers.

Is this any good?

Perfect, ta very much :smiley:

Another pic plus a spec sheet with the correct dimensions for the cab size. :wink:

scania 111 rear cab.PNG

here’s the 110 day cab we had if you want another one for a reference.

tony

Thats interesting. They aren’t showing any ‘shelf’ at all behind the cab even where the mudguards are which is visible in my photo. I suspect I may be interpreting my photo wrongly.

The brochure drawings will come in handy, cheers.

its not a shelf, the bottom of the cab was just about flush with the top of the upper wing if i remember rightly , the lower wings stayed attached to the chassis when the cab was tilted , it looks like a shelf due to the slight gap between the lower wing that stayed with the chassis and the wing under the cab that went up with the cab when it was tilted. overtime the wings sort of got out of shape a bit, due to fitters squeezing past and bending the supports and then bending them back etc. the yellow one in the photo must have been new at the time, as it looks perfect.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Thats interesting. They aren’t showing any ‘shelf’ at all behind the cab even where the mudguards are which is visible in my photo. I suspect I may be interpreting my photo wrongly.

The brochure drawings will come in handy, cheers.

There was no shelf its an optical illusion

Lonewolf Yorks:
… However luckily it would seem that neither the chassis nor the area below the cab is shortened…

Sleeper cabs were on 3.4m wheelbase chassis’: day cabs had a 3.1m wheelbase. Spec sheets are online, somewhere.

Hi Chris,
Here’s a quick pic I’ve just taken of the model I built of my dads 110 day cab-

I’m sure I have some pics of a real one somewhere-I’ll dig them out if you want?