Scandinavian Work - pref Sweden

Hey All

ive been driving about 18 months Class 2, and almost a year class 1, and now with the introduction of my new girlfriend who is swedish [about a year ago] i am considering the move over to Sweden.

I wouldnt mind some general advice, as well as maybe some ideas on where i could find myself work.

Ive driven a number of cars abroad, but nothing bigger :frowning:

I am currently learning the language, and slowly building up a few contacts.

Im also about to get myself on a National CPC Course, and then follow that up with the International CPC, I only really want a driving job at the moment but thought if i had an int cpc it shows that i know their rules and laws, and later i can use it to advance beyond driving.

Ive been thinking about what work i could do, and i have kinda narrowed it down to :

BIN work - this is what i did for ages with my class 2 and i thought that it would really help me to get used to driving in a different country, and it would also help me alot with learning the language.

Container Work or Simular - Just a basic job going from place to place, and i can keep interaction to a minimum if im not confident enough with the language.

so any ideas, tips, general help would be very much appriciated, by myself and my swedish girlfriend.

mike

Where in Sweden are you thinking of moving to?

I am thinking of Goteburg [Gothenburg], there is a fairly big port there, hence the idea of container work.

Gothenburg (Göteborg) should be no problem for a job,as you say,there are plenty of containers going in and out as well as ferry trailers.

There are also big forwarders in the area,like Schenkers at Hisings-Backa,where there is a vast amount of freight transported all over Sweden.

I worked for a company from Gothenburg,but I’m trying to rattle my brains to remember any companies.