Scammers... BUSTED!

Hello all,

Not posted for a while and not really sure I should post this in here, but as a relative newbie I’m still scared to venture into the big boy forums…anyway…

Driving off the A46 and down the A452 to Leamington I came upon the aftermath of a rear end shunt.A small people carrier and a 2t range van. It had just happened so recently that the traffic behind was still sorting itself out. As I drove past I thought to myself very fleetingly that coming off a roundabout onto a fast moving road was a strange place for this to have happened. Had it been going onto the roundabout then that could very easily be explained away. As I passed the people carrier I had a little oggle to see what the damage was and I noticed two small dents in the rear, independent of each other, about the size of a fist. I thought that was an odd pattern of damage for the van to have caused, there may have been other damage but I didn’t have time to look to closely.

Anyway, off i trundled to Leamington to make my delivery and trundled back just over an hour later. As I joined the A46 heading towards Coventry I saw another 2t range van parked at the side of the road exchanging details with another driver, i was about to carry on past when I noticed two fist sized dents in the rear of the car, and it was then I noticed that colour, make and model was also the same… it was the same car.

Without thinking I stopped the truck and walked back and quietly gave the van driver my details and explained what i had seen.

After work I trotted down to the police station and reported everything I had seen. I expected to the fobbed off, but in fact they were very interested. Two accidents, less than an hour apart, in the same location in similar circumstances, involving the same vehicle. Contacted traffic division and the insurance company of the offending vehicle all while I waited, about 20 minutes.

Hopefully that’s another one of these scumbags off the road!!!

I personally think you made the right call Ailsa, so thanks for looking out for those of us who are not scamming asshats :wink:

While I guess that it’s possible that it’s a coincidence (one very unlucky MPV driver if that’s the case!), it sounds fairly unlikely? Just makes me think back to that case recently where a young female driver was killed after some insurance scamming scumbags tried something similar:

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … -cash.html

Hats off to you mate, u done the right thing.

Good work!

Six:
I personally think you made the right call Ailsa, so thanks for looking out for those of us who are not scamming asshats :wink:

While I guess that it’s possible that it’s a coincidence (one very unlucky MPV driver if that’s the case!), it sounds fairly unlikely? Just makes me think back to that case recently where a young female driver was killed after some insurance scamming scumbags tried something similar:

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … -cash.html

Is it just a coincidence that the 4 men jailed are all POLISH?

I’m Polish myself, but I think they should get life sentences somewhere in South America. I would never try to defend them regardless to their nationality.

Nice one fella I take my hat off to you well done , these people are scum , :smiley:

Well spotted,well done

This type of thing has also been happening on the A5 at Longford Island, near Cannock recently…
One car going around the roundabout, one approaching stops sharp and the poor victim runs into the back of him… The local police are aware and very interested in these two cars, one of which is a people carrier.

Fair play to you, my boss got done a couple off years ago was sure it was a scam car switched lanes caught his bumper which pushed it forward 45 degrees then got infront off him and slammed the breaks on if he hit them the bumper would be pushed in towards the cab not pushed forward so was obvious they hit him but the police wouldn’t have any off it.

This all brings back the age old dash cam question? Is it worth a £20 camera?

Well done Ailsa!

I wish there were more people like you out on the roads. :sunglasses: