Scammell samson and leyland marathon

Does anyone know what happened to the scammell samson,crusader 8 wheeler,think they made 1 pickfords had it.Last i remenber it was in truck and driver years back think it was a recovery truck.Did it survive?

also

The marathon from the dvd going to italy the white/green three axle one,think someone was restoring it a few years back wasnt it the prototyppe.

Love to see any pics of them.
or of any marathons come to think of it!

Don’t know where it is now but Tony Kimber from here in Southampton had it for a while

Regards Pat

Thats the one,think it was a similar livery when in t&d,my mistake tho its a ballast tractor and not a wrecker.

the Scammell Samson is, i believe, now owned by Roger Mortimer of Kent who savaed it for presevation. I think it is being restored at this present moment. After Pickfords had her she went to Tony Kimber who ran Sharmara Heavy Haulage of Southhamton and formed part of a push-pull combination (1st with a Scammell Contractor, then with a converted ERF European) hauling a massive girder trailer hauling Perelli cable Reels. She was in a pretty rough state when Mortimer got hold it, needing complete strip-down and a new cab. Hope this info is of some help.

sharmara, that was the livery when it was in the mag,glad its been saved,does look a bit shabby in the pic above,found a model i made years ago of the truck and wondered what became of it, thanks for the info.

No probs mate, incidently, Roger Mortimer is a big Scammell fan and he does alot of the big moves down at the Maritime dock museum, Chatham,Kent using both an S26 with a 350 ■■■■■■■ and a Y plate V8 Detroit Crusader, he loves the old stuff does Roger!