Scammell Crusaders

BRS Crusader on Middle-East work:

Darren Birkin.jpg

Alive and kicking today

A308F460-6507-49C4-82C7-219D409807A4.jpeg

robthedog:
Alive and kicking today

Eclectic mix there including the elderly tractor with a stainless exhaust!

A Bobby dazzler ! Think it’s James Hemphill on the door, thought they were Foden men

Got pictures on it! :open_mouth:

b20a441357ce9091e08802cab0be93f9.jpg

An Internet find

Credit to J.Thomas for the photo.
Oily

Credit to Graham Robertson for the photo.
Oily

stevecook:
An Internet find

love it! proper macho motor :sunglasses:

334271762_623212956483424_767387013095294784_n (2).jpg

How about some pictures of Scammell Crusaders, here’s one to start:

Reposted after Photobucket broke the link:

Alright Steve…
Heres one i photographed on its farewell journey out of the uk. Pictured at Tilbury docks about august 07 awaiting export . An ex military vehicle…

stevecook:
How about some pictures of Scammell Crusaders, here’s one to start:

hiya,
Have you looked on the Scrapbook Memories thread??, our Mr Bubbs has put plenty of these fantastic machines on there, only got my hands on one for one trip while my ERF was being tested they needed a crowbar to get me out of it, they was something else at the time.
thanks harry long retired.

I’ll see if I can get some from Bubbleman’s Scrapbook, meanwhile here’s another of JVM896V after a repaint:

The crusader I drove was ex. BRS truck rental, think the number was KJO 461N. It went really well but I found the steering a bit vague, the sort of motor that you didn’t dare take your eyes of the road for a second or you would be in the edge ! Loads of room in the cab but getting up there in the wet could be tricky with only a wheel step ring, if you slipped you lost the skin off your shin, ouch! or words to that effect :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never got to drive a Crusader for any distance, only managed to take a couple of the Pickford heavy haulage tractors around Trafford park but alway thought they looked the dogs danglies