SCAM Emails!!

About 4 years ago my mother asked me to find and buy an item for her via the internet. My father had an internet account but would not use it to buy anything as he was scared of fraud.
Having found the item on-line, my mother gave me her card details over the phone and I used them on-line to purchase the item (it was a ramp for their old dog to get into the car!) A few weeks later my father received an e-mail saying that Barclaycard had noticed unusual activity on their account and that they should “log in” with their username and password (clicking on the supplied link of course!) to confirm the validity of the transaction etc. etc.
They would have been quite happy to do so had they used any form of internet banking. As it was they rang me to ask if I knew their log-in details so that they could do so. It was a job and a half to convince them that it was a coincidence and a scam and to do nothing.
There are many older people who can’t understand that this sort of thing can look so genuine.

Several people have mentioned that they hope to receive funds from across the water - sorry to disappoint you all; I got in before you all and the money will be deposited in my account no. 07654321 sort code 01-02-03, username:- screwme2012, password:- you1di0t

Most people get the Nigerian Chief of Police and all the rest of it. THEY ARE ALL THIEVING BARSTEWARDS. Do not give them a piece of your mind or the run around or any other revenge. They want to know that yours is a live e-mail address and they can and will try some thing else again.

Ive had two in the last 24 hours…

One supposedly from Santander asking me to recheck transaction details (I dont bank with them!)

The other from UK online lottery saying my e-mail address was entered into the Malaysian Lottery :question: :question: :question: and that I was a winner of $4,600,000 I just needed to reply to the link.

So whos up for a party with a free bar ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Just send me your bank account details and I’ll send you the details of venue :smiley: