scaffolders ???

was driving down (south) m6 this afternoon j27/26 ,in 3rd lane travelling at 73mph (van) whilst overtaking a line of slower moving traffic in lanes 1 and 2 . look in my mirror and there is a Iveco 7.5t v plate up my arris ,I find a gap in the traffic and pull in to lane 2 maintaining my speed, the Iveco accelerates past probably doing around 75 ish . are scaffolders exempt from speed limiters and do they have dispensation to use 3rd lane ■■ :confused:

Afaik a vehicle with no speed limiter fitted (up to and including 7.5 tonner) can legally use lane three, again afaik limiters were not a legal requirement on puddle jumpers until way after bigger trucks had theirs fitted so it’s entirely possible for older ones to legally use that lane. Obviously there is no exemption for the speed though! :smiley:

Disclaimer; it is entirely possible that I have this totally wrong as I’ve never had anything to do with these vehicles. :wink:

Everything is tickety-boo here. Working to scaffies regs!

the maoster:
Afaik a vehicle with no speed limiter fitted (up to and including 7.5 tonner) can legally use lane three, again afaik limiters were not a legal requirement on puddle jumpers until way after bigger trucks had theirs fitted so it’s entirely possible for older ones to legally use that lane. Obviously there is no exemption for the speed though! :smiley:

Disclaimer; it is entirely possible that I have this totally wrong as I’ve never had anything to do with these vehicles. :wink:

thanks for that , you learn something new everyday :smiley: incidentally I passed same wagon on m62 west yesterday (Q.E.D. iirc) he was in lane 1 tootling along at a sedate 54mph,he must have realised he was getting paid by the hour :smiley: