Sayng hello

Just thought I would introduce myself, I’m Jon from near Grimsby,

I started work at Humber Warehousing (Humber McVeigh) as a fitter, I never did get round to taking my HGV test so at the tender age of nearly 50 I thought sod it, if I don’t do it now I never will. Passed my theory and hazard tests yesterday and am booked with a local school for my LGV middle of Feb, then on hopefully to take my HGV.

Not to sure where I go with this or if I will ever use it, I work 7 on 7 off 12 hour shifts so I might see if I can get some casual work for when I am off.
Have been involved and around trucks all my life, father was a driver for Esso out of Immingham for 20+ years.

Hi Jon, I’m about to do my hazard/theory in a couple of weeks followed by cat c beginning of Feb. Like you I’m 48 & thought now or never, how did you find the hazard part of the test as that’s the part that concerns me.

Hi Wrighty, to be honest I found it easy, pay attention and don’t be afraid of clicking several times for the same hazard in case you click to early as I did when I was practising, just do not get click happy or it will void the clip. Have you been practising? I used lnds.theorytestpro.co.uk/dashboard.

Good luck, am sure you will do fine.

Yes I’ve been practising on a cd rom from Halfords although the video quality is questionable. Theory wise I’m quite happy about.