Saville Freights

I believe this company are still trading but from the early 80s to early 90s,i drove for a firm that did a lot of work for Alan Saville after he started his own business after leaving Western Freights.
At the time,most of the work was done by od"s/small hauliers and i was wondering if any of them are still around.?
A few i remember from the Bristol area(or should that be aerial :smiley: ). . .Terry . . . ?started with a transit and trailer then had a Ford Cargo flatbed 16 tonner. I believe his missus ran a snack van on the A46 between j18 of the M4 and the A420.
Gene Thornell,cargo 7 1/2 tonner. John Caddick? also had a couple of 7 1/2 tonners .
There were quite a few more but the ole memory isnt what it used to be :blush:
Just thought of another one,Alan Brooke ,ran a Merc 1617,then a Scania.

hi m8 don’t know if its same guy but did he ever run morrocco

stevejones:

Not to my knowledge.

Just remembered the blokes surname that started with the transit,it was Gough. :bulb:

stevejones:

There was a Saville Freight / Taseca outfit that ran to Morocco doing textiles / garment when I was on the the North Africa run, and I would imagine that this is the same Saville Freight as they were going long before they did Morocco. One of the drivers was called Stuart (who was killed in an accident), another was called Tommy Stamp. Another I think was called Bob. Robert

If its the same company ,I remember a Saville Freight doing Spain in a Blue and Red Foden in the 80,s.

ye m8 that’s the company the guy who died was stuart aka the animal blue magnum died outside Malaga another driver stevie kilner /black magic who did you do morocco for m8 :smiley:

I thought Stuart was killed between Salamanca and Villa Formosa , didnt he hit the back of a broken down coach ?, Toby will know for sure.

ye m8 I could be wrong but I thought it was there but someone out there put me right :smiley:

stevejones:
ye m8 I could be wrong but I thought it was there but someone out there put me right :smiley:

Yep that’s the same Stuart. There’s a conversation about it on the North Africa thread; and I think you are right about Stevie Kilner and Black Magic. Robert

Not the Saville Freights i was thinking of.
Only Uk work,there place was in Longwell Green,Brizzle.
Iirc there was a Saville tspt around at the time,think they hailed from Maidenhead way?
perhaps you are thinking of them?

robert1952:

stevejones:

There was a Saville Freight / Taseca outfit that ran to Morocco doing textiles / garment when I was on the the North Africa run, and I would imagine that this is the same Saville Freight as they were going long before they did Morocco. One of the drivers was called Stuart (who was killed in an accident), another was called Tommy Stamp. Another I think was called Bob. Robert

Was Tommy a big lad? I remember seeing a big bloke in Freds a few times with Animal and they were both on for Saville Freight, (Heathrow ish based?) Got weekended at Freds and the lad i’m was on about was there also, good lad and cooked me a mean steak dinner 1 afternoon.
the good old days of Freds when it was at the bigger place but you still parked on the sand/dirt :slight_smile:

chilistrucker:

robert1952:

stevejones:

Was Tommy a big lad? I remember seeing a big bloke in Freds a few times with Animal and they were both on for Saville Freight, (Heathrow ish based?) Got weekended at Freds and the lad i’m was on about was there also, good lad and cooked me a mean steak dinner 1 afternoon.
the good old days of Freds when it was at the bigger place but you still parked on the sand/dirt :slight_smile:

Biggish, well-built, gold medallion embedded in chest hair sort of a fellow. Robert

Ha, ha, my memory is not that good at the mo.
I think i do remember him having a proper london accent though.