Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Mix of old work horses

Just guessing…F12 narrow cab for the Swiss market ?

Classic old pic…Dustcart in Grenoble…

3138028566_2_2_AkEjlo6t.jpg

Whatever brand of commercial vehicle…they all shipped Volkswagen

MB-Volkswagen.jpg

Atkinson-Volkswagen.jpg

Fergie47:
Mix of “Modern” oldies

Interesting mix on squarish-looking cabs indeed. The Bernard was designed as soon as 1958.

ERF-Continental:
Whatever brand of commercial vehicle…they all shipped Volkswagen

I never drove such trucks, but my Dad had two Beetles, and myself a Type 21 (Combi). The main thing I can tell about them is they stubbornly refused to start when the weather was damp. With my Combi, I had found a trick; I poured a soup spoon of acetone directly in the carburettor, and that worked every time.

Fergie, the first ‘CH 230’ model had a F 89 cab, but narrower on the wings.

Fergie47:

It looks more like a Volvo F7 with F12 badging to me! :wink:

Les Sylphides:

Fergie47:

Oh no! Definitely a F 89 cab!

Froggy55:

Les Sylphides:

Fergie47:

Oh no! Definitely a F 89 cab!

Sorry, but my comment didn’t concern the right picture! I totally agree

Mix of tankers, wine and fuel.

Fiat 6X6.

Down and out…camion graveyard.

Narrow winding roads in the Italian hills, so, RHD and rear steer…common in the 60s and 70s

A full bucket of novelties there, Fergie!

Buzzer

Stunning to see that the logo, featuring an American steam locomotive, is as big as the kid’s arm!

This came out of the archives of the Zwagerman family, a heavy haulage firm not far from where I live. I never knew that they operated a Berliet, can’t have been many about back in the late 60’s in Holland I reckon, especially in 6x4 form. Note the different front bumper too, was this a “in-house” conversion or did it came standard on the heavier models?

Fergie47:
Narrow winding roads in the Italian hills, so, RHD and rear steer…common in the 60s and 70s

Not sure how comfortable it was to drive, but by gum, it’s got the looks Senior! :wink:

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Old ladies resting up…

I love the Lancia aircraft fueller!

Guaranteed one thing Froggy, if it’s anything like the AEC and ERF UK refuellers, there won’t be many kms on it, hope someone bought it to restore, imagine turning up with that beast at Locomotion … :smiley:

Definitely a head turner!