Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Can’t really see what badge is attached to it, but it might have started life as an International?

badge says duetz , early lohaec? , ex us army , duetz engine usual for him wasn’t it

tony

Eddie Heaton:
Bloody hell!.. It just gets worse.

Art for art’s sake if you ask me…I can’t recall ever seeing as many far motors in such a short space of time.

A basking shark can be forgiven for its appearance as it was designed by nature, but this abortion can hardly use that as an excuse.

That said, despite its appearance it would probably make a half tidy camper van.

Eddie,

Funny you should mention camper van here is a photo of The Duke with his mobile home getting equipped for a duelling match, whilst not a Camion fabrique en France,you should perhaps be seeking a safe place to hide.
Also a photo of his duelling shirt,removed from the body of the last man who upset him by not passing the wine quick enough in a Routiers on the RN4.

Regards

Richard (Fergie 47’s second)

MOL from Belgium with Deutz engine.

MaggieD:

Eddie Heaton:
Bloody hell!.. It just gets worse.

Art for art’s sake if you ask me…I can’t recall ever seeing as many far motors in such a short space of time.

A basking shark can be forgiven for its appearance as it was designed by nature, but this abortion can hardly use that as an excuse.

That said, despite its appearance it would probably make a half tidy camper van.

Eddie,

Funny you should mention camper van here is a photo of The Duke with his mobile home getting equipped for a duelling match, whilst not a Camion fabrique en France,you should perhaps be seeking a safe place to hide.
Also a photo of his duelling shirt,removed from the body of the last man who upset him by not passing the wine quick enough in a Routiers on the RN4.

Regards

By gum Richard, I’m surprised that that pic isn’t in black and white, as the Duke appears to be a lot younger there!

michel:
MOL from Belgium with Deutz engine.

Next time I’m in the Sarens yard, I’ll ask if I can wonder around at the back of the premises, as it looks like there’s a lot of old stuff lying about there!

EBRO tractor, spotted at a auction site north of Zaragoza.

20210422_095042.jpg

This one was standing in a yard next to a Les Routiers in Montlieu la Garde which I’ve been visiting for quite some years now.

20210420_211656.jpg

I first bumped into this old Iveco in 2015, John (Saviem) instantly recognised where it was! For those who forgot about the location, it’s in Castets. Good to see that they’ve still got it and use it for (I assume) promotional purposes.

20210421_092022.jpg

Well now then MaggieD,…and merely for the record mind,…here are a couple of shots of my own rig.

It will be noted that she isn’t quite as ostentatious as the Duke’s, but in all fairness it seems only fitting that a mere philistine such as myself should recognise his lowly status and choose his vehicle accordingly. Here she is by the side of the river Ebro close by Mequinenza.

The remorque incidentally is a truly European affair, having been constructed gradually, by the side of the road from various bits of detritus sourced from déchetteries the length and breadth of France and Spain.

You may even have been fortunate enough to have caught a glimpse of her whilst passing unchallenged through the nothing to declare lane on the several occasions that the douaniers shamelessly stripped her on the French/Andorran border.

The second shot shows her a couple of weeks earlier, on March 15th 2010 , snowed in near Uzes.

The third shot down the page, was captured relatively recently, and completely unknowingly to myself as I only saw it yesterday, by the Google street view camera, as she doggedly refuses to die, and relentlessly continues to earn me a few vin rouge vouchers.

…What a motor…

Oh!, and before I forget, here’s a shot of my own battle scarred duelling shirt, won at a boules tournament in Borely park…,or was this the one that I procured at the vide Grenier at Lezignan Corbières ?..either way…

I swear, one of these days , even if it’s the last thing that I do, I’ll finally get the text and the pictures to go in the order that I bloody well want them to.

image.jpg

MaggieD:
Eddie,

Regards

The right honourable Sir Richard Evans. QC and BAR …Think you’ve just blown my cover, I was gonna sneak up on that Heaton philistine , stuff him and his cammionette et remorque in the back, then hold him for ransom…on second thoughts you may have saved the day, I mean, who’d actually pay real Francs for him…just dodged a bullet I think… :unamused:

pv83:
By gum Richard, I’m surprised that that pic isn’t in black and white, as the Duke appears to be a lot younger there!

Bloody nerve Whipersnspper…that photo was taken last week…ish… :blush:

Willeme with ‘Horizon’ cab

Eddie Heaton:
Well now then MaggieD,…and merely for the record mind,…here are a couple of shots of my own rig.

It will be noted that she isn’t quite as ostentatious as the Duke’s, but in all fairness it seems only fitting that a mere philistine such as myself should recognise his lowly status and choose his vehicle accordingly. Here she is by the side of the river Ebro close by Mequinenza.

The remorque incidentally is a truly European affair, having been constructed gradually, by the side of the road from various bits of detritus sourced from déchetteries the length and breadth of France and Spain.

You may even have been fortunate enough to have caught a glimpse of her whilst passing unchallenged through the nothing to declare lane on the several occasions that the douaniers shamelessly stripped her on the French/Andorran border.

The second shot shows her a couple of weeks earlier, on March 15th 2010 , snowed in near Uzes.

The third shot down the page, was captured relatively recently, and completely unknowingly to myself as I only saw it yesterday, by the Google street view camera, as she doggedly refuses to die, and relentlessly continues to earn me a few vin rouge vouchers.

…What a motor…

Oh!, and before I forget, here’s a shot of my own battle scarred duelling shirt, won at a boules tournament in Borely park…,or was this the one that I procured at the vide Grenier at Lezignan Corbières ?..either way…

I swear, one of these days , even if it’s the last thing that I do, I’ll finally get the text and the pictures to go in the order that I bloody well want them to.

You did all of that in a C15? I assume with the 1.9d under the bonnet… I salute you sir! :laughing:

michel:

The styling sort of follows the TV cab, doesn’t it? Probably designed in the same era?

Fergie47:

MaggieD:
Eddie,

Regards

The right honourable Sir Richard Evans. QC and BAR …Think you’ve just blown my cover, I was gonna sneak up on that Heaton philistine , stuff him and his cammionette et remorque in the back, then hold him for ransom…on second thoughts you may have saved the day, I mean, who’d actually pay real Francs for him…just dodged a bullet I think… :unamused:

pv83:

Bloody nerve Whipersnspper…that photo was taken last week…ish… :blush:

Last week-ish eh…■■? Yeah, nothing wrong with your memory mate! Nurse, did you gave this man his medication already? :laughing:

pv83:

michel:

The styling sort of follows the TV cab, doesn’t it? Probably designed in the same era?

Froggy55:

pv83:

michel:

I know many had the AEC engine in them, but what other motors did they fit ?

Willème 6 cylinder 13,5 litre (130 x 170); 190 bhp at 1900 rpm, or 255 bhp with turbocharging.

After the ‘Horizon’ cab built by Cottard in Bourg en Bresse, Willeme bought their cabs by Pelpel near Rennes.This LF 102 has a Willeme engine.

Apologies for failing to enthuse about the Willeme, and I refuse point blank to say anything disparaging about it. In fact, It’s a nice enough looking motor, and I wouldn’t have refused to have had the population of my pauvre hamlet witness me parking it overnight outside my humble bothy in preparation for my early departure the following morning.

But it was the nearside spotlight on this motor that was the first thing to catch my eye., ( although I suppose in France it would be regarded as being the offside spotlight.)

It’s the yellow bulb that did it…the good old yellow bulb. " Bienvenue en France mes amis, we use yellow bulbs ici dans notre pays,… c’est normale n’est-ce pas ? "

Blimey!, but I don’t recall ever having seen one of those in years…Time was when every motor in France seemed to be equipped with those things, but when did it all change ?,…and why ?..and what was the reason for having yellow bulbs in the first place ?

I haven’t visited la meilleur pays du monde for a number of years now for a variety of insurmountable reasons, but those yellow headlights were always a glorious indication that one was no longer in Blighty. Every vehicle appeared to have them and few drivers could be left in doubt as to which country they were actually traversing,… ( although they may quite well have also used them in Belgium, … but someone will undoubtedly put me right on that one…eh? )

The last time I drove through France, I don’t recall seeing a single yellow headlight. So what went wrong ? At one time, they were as ubiquitous throughout France as the fields of tournesol , the stretched Citroen vans selling frites, or those bloody great combined harvesters blocking the the roads of Picardy in août.,…but now the ■■■■ things are nowhere to be seen.

Zut alors!

Have they been outlawed under some obscure sub-section of some other equally obscure European ruling, or is it just that the populace have jumped onto the popular bandwagon of purchasing high intensity Quartz/Halogen eyeball brasting headlight bulbs ?

There will be a reason! …there must be a reason!. and I’d like to know that reason if it’s at all possible.

I trust that it may be well within the power of the inestimable knowledge of the Gallic contingent that prowl the pages of this forum to provide an answer to my query.

Regards…Edouard le Philistine.